Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 for the T2

Some gripped about this cause some had only had there machine 6 months when this update came out.....But heck.... fifty bucks does not buy much these days....I think they payed the return shipping....maybe some of the others that had it done will chime in ...

Happy Trails
jimpugh

So I just got a brand new T2SE that's 6.0 version shouldn't it have been the 6.5? Hmmm

Maybe a dealer has had a new 6.0 version around for a while? The dealers around me that I know of have the 6.5 version or the T2 LTD models.

How much did you pay, and was it from a dealer or private party? if you know of anyone looking for a new T2, in the box still and version 6.5, give them my e-mail: MonteVB@ comcast.net

I have a new one a gal one and got it late last month, but her home is already equipped with a T2 and a new Omega so she's asked me to try and sell it or trade it for her.

I've spoken with a few people who have had a 6.0 and got a 6.5 or borrowed a 6.5 and they told me there was little if any difference in field performance. Just get out hunting with it and give us a report on your success.

Monte

Yes I bought it from a dealer, $1,050.00 bucks.... (Wanted the 5 year warranty).... it could have been old stock like you said, I was just wondering if it should have been the 6.5 since I just bought it. I'm enjoying the heck out of the T2SE ..... I just saw the few posts about how they were seeing an increase in performance with the 6.5 version and decided to check and saw mine was the 6.0 version. Performance is so much more better than what I've been using, I can't complain at all really. If I ever have a problem with it I may ask for the upgrade when I send it in. If I never have any issues I'll probably just stick with it as it is (6.0 version)
Thanks Monte, you've been very helpful with your post :biggrin:

For whatever reason it was I must have been more tired than I thought when I replied the other day. I say that because I didn't catch the 'SE' suffix when you mentioned your new T2.

Jay Evans said:
Yes I bought it from a dealer, $1,050.00 bucks.... (Wanted the 5 year warranty).... it could have been old stock like you said, I was just wondering if it should have been the 6.5 since I just bought it.
If you bought a new unit from a dealer and it is the T2 SE, then I'm sure you got the new product. Remember, a lot of things are coding in our modern day of digital design and perhaps the intent was to code the newer 'SE' as a 6.6 or something and it was simply a misread error in the number? It was called to my attention by a higher power that such a slip can occur, but if the T2 SE is that and has the added features and performance, then it is just that model and not a standard T2.

Jay Evans said:
I'm enjoying the heck out of the T2SE ..... I just saw the few posts about how they were seeing an increase in performance with the 6.5 version and decided to check and saw mine was the 6.0 version.
I don't put a lot of stock in the version or renovation label because there's so much that goes on. let's face it, for possibly the vast majority of 'typical' or 'average' metal detecting hobbyists, ANY of the T2's are probably more than they can handle because there's much more operator control for them to figure out than a simple turn-on-and-go daily 'coin hunter' detector. What is important is that you have the model with the features you wanted, which is the T2 SE and those features, and performance, are there.

Jay Evans said:
Performance is so much more better than what I've been using, I can't complain at all really. If I ever have a problem with it I may ask for the upgrade when I send it in. If I never have any issues I'll probably just stick with it as it is (6.0 version)
As I stated, you must have the feature upgrade if the function and performance are there. It's just a minor labeling code and no big deal.

Even the quick-check we have with modern digital designs, such as the T2's 'version check' isn't like the good old days. If all of the T2's were offered in a new performance level and came in a pink and blue striped color scheme, you would simply base the performance on the looks (if you were bold enough to use a pink and blue striped detector), whereas older approaches to revision upgrade were seldom seen. I reference the Rev. coding they put on the circuit boards, and then they had manually added tweaks after the fact to boot! Want a revision shocker?

When I went to work with Compass in July of '87 it was to prepare to be their marketing rep and dealer coordinator. The 'new' Scanner series was just in design for an October release. That's October of '87 and I was the first to hit the road in New Jersey to start the presentation of the 'new' Scanner series,. The top end version was the XP Pro. Due to a flock of glitches they kept doing little mods, hand installed and piggy-backed, in the production and finish lines, then on a re-do of the circuity boards they would upgrade the 'Rev' or revision level. Due to them being sold out, and the new owners 'selling out" their dealer base and messing with consumers, I gave notice and was out of there in early '89. By late '88 or very early '89 I noted that the then current XP pro circuit board was labeled Rev.H !!! Now, THAT was a lot of revisions, but the end consumer had no clue. They simply figured an XL Pro was an XL Pro. Shoot, they might have had a revision or two after I was gone that I don't know about.

Regardless, the important think is that you have what they offered, a T2SE, and you're satisfied with the performance it provides. What more could anyone ask for? :detecting:

Jay Evans said:
Thanks Monte, you've been very helpful with your post :biggrin:
Helpful, perhaps, in that as always I was able to learn something as well as try to help. If I would have not been so tired I would have noticed the SE and then answered differently.

Happy Hunting!

Monte

Thanks for the clarification ..... & I'll make sure to put your friends T2 out there and drop you a line if someone's interested.
Thanks again,
Jay

n/t

The latest T2 Special Editions, (black rods), + the standard T2, should read version 6, and these were just shipped from the factory to the dealers within the last few weeks. I just went, and checked out my newest arrived stock, they all read "6"..

Mr. Bill

Elton mine is the Black T2SE ..... & Thank you Mr. Bill for the info on the newer units being 6

Let us know how well it works. I have a 6.5 and love it..Hows your stability with the "NEW" 6 version

The T2SE runs stable and the cl & bp modes detect deep response on targets lags a bit in both of those modes but checking the manual that is normal in cl & bp modes. all other # of tones have very fast response times on targets. The cl & bp modes require a slower sweep speed and works great if you're in taller weeds or grass. My work schedule has had me pretty busy the last couple weeks and I've had to detect only a few mins at a time lately..... I'm looking forward to getting a few hours of swinging in this weekend if the rain holds off for me...... but on the other hand we need the rain and it'll make the ground a little softer too. I love hunting after a nice soaking rain .... makes the targets sound off nice and clear!! :)