Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgrading from Simlex to Gold Kruzer

skypics234

While walking my dog in the park I came across a man detecting. He was using a Simplex and I was quite impressed with its operation and small size and weight.

I hadn't detected in 15 years and had been using the Whites XLT which was good for its period, but this detector and its low price was quite impressive. That said one of the clamps on the rods easily broke and the distributor in Missouri replaced it along with a new rod at no cost. So good support.

I ordered it from Amazon with the wireless headphones. I sold the XLT on Ebay for almost the price I had paid for the Simplex.

Soon I realized that I was more interested in going for gold not coins . Here in California there is little chance of finding very old coins and the Simplex frequency was too low (12Khz) for accurate gold detecting. So I ordered the Gold Kruzer. It runs at 61Khz.

I fly a small aircraft designed to get into the backcountry unimproved strips. I call it my Aero Burrow since I load my detecting equipment in it and fly into areas that have not been detected since they are hard to reach by ground vehicles. We prospectors need a reliable burrow...RIGHT?

I use Google Earth to scout out possible gold sites along with books on California Gold.

I am scouting a spot on the Borrego desert. However, I need to weather to cooperate.

I watch a LOT of gold detecting videos from Australia. I was also impressed with a You Tube video, from here in the states, where a man with this detector has found some very tiny gold nuggets of 0.1 grams. And these were pretty deep. I have also done some air tests with a 6.5 gram 24K nugget and some smaller .3 gram samples.

As they say.."Gold is where you find it." Finding a nugget that I can actually pick up with my fingers is on my bucket list. I'll let you know if my luck is good.

John M

Fly over here to Middleton ID by Boise and pick me up. We can our Gold Kruzers and head to Oregon or Nevada if it’s too wet in CA. Like Jeff Williams says “so come on let’s go”!