Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UPS brought my Racer today, day ahead of time.

Rick(ND)

The box was not even crushed like normal, so that is a good sign for UPS as a day early and package looked great.
Unpacked the pro package and seen there is a lot of stuff in the box, but didn't find the alkaline batteries that I though come with it, but got the rechargeable and charger which look much better than I thought they would be so that is a plus for the Racer Pro package. The charger has the cord to use 110 volts, 12 volts and also has a cord for the USB port on you computer to charge them too. The 110 volt cord though must be for voltage for other country's as you have to use the adapter that is supplied with the charger.
Putting it together was easy to do and the only problem was putting the coil bolts on the rod as they went in harder than most do, so they fit tighter.
Turned it on inside and it is sensitive as it just chattered until I turned the gain way down and it still was, but not as bad so I even turned disc up to over 50. run a few coins over the coil to see what it sounds like and tried it on my floor in my bar that is full of nails and threw down a quarter on the floor and sounded good, then put the quarter on a spot I pinpointed to have a nail under it and seen that it gave a signal, but ID was running more around 44, but had a different sound to it and one I would check out further.
Took it outside beside the bar which also is very trashy and turned the gain up to 70 and it still chattered a bit, but much better than inside and switched to the D3 with the filter at 50 as it is very trashy and got 2 nice 87 signals that were rusty bottle caps, which I feel when I get to know the machine better I will be able to tell them from a coin.
Like Monte and a few say to get to know this detector before passing any real judgement on it as it will have a learning curve like all good detector have.
I got to reread the manual a bit as I was trying to change the audio to see what it will sound like, but when scrolling down it seems to skip it in D2 and D3 and know it is not suppose to in all metal I have read. When I had it inside it seem to go into it, but before I could try a different one it timed out and when back to the mode on top, but out side it just seem to skip over the audio adjust. Must be something I am over looking and will try again later on tonight when I get time.
Over all it is new and it will take some trial and error and some time I am sure, but less than some others and like been said before it is simple and from what I see we will be going more by audio and how it sound with the visual ID after we hear how the signal sounds, just like my Sovereign GT, audio is number 1, then you look at the ID.
Going to be interesting when others get them and get out to use the Racer, may see some interesting finds from those area many considered worked out.

Rick

There are no alkalines in the pro package. Be sure to use a good pair of headphones for better id those pesky bottlecaps by the audio they give and also using the small coil improves greatly at id them.

That is why I like to do a video if I can. You're heard the old saying "recordings don't lie." ? As a musician I've had many people record them only to have them swear that isn't what they sound like when the fact is it is. I have learned a lot from making videos because I can then go home and view it as a second party. Often you see and hear things you didn't notice live in the wild. Also it allows people to determine for themselves what they see and hear. So many videos I've heard the commentator say see how the sound breaks up compared to detector [enter detector here] when I personally thought it was the other machine that did a better job. Gives people the chance to make up their own minds based on what they see and hear.

Finder82 said:
There are no alkalines in the pro package. Be sure to use a good pair of headphones for better id those pesky bottlecaps by the audio they give and also using the small coil improves greatly at id them.
Not another detector that loves steel bottle caps! It seems Minelab is the only company that can design a DD Coil that doesn't love steel bottle cap's?

Harold said:
Finder82 said:
Not another detector that loves steel bottle caps! It seems Minelab is the only company that can design a DD Coil that doesn't love steel bottle cap's?

Atleast the small coil id bottlecaps very well, but i really dont know how well the stock coil works against them.

Kevin B. said:
My Racer Pro Pack came with the four alkalines plus the charger:

Those are not alkalines, they are ni-mh rechargeables. Standard Makro racer package comes with the alkalines.

it is always great to have a new unit to take out and hunt with and have a bond with

Finder82 said:
Kevin B. said:
My Racer Pro Pack came with the four alkalines plus the charger:

Those are not alkalines, they are ni-mh rechargeables. Standard Makro racer package comes with the alkalines.
Nuts! That's what I get for just scanning the posts in the threads. Thanks for the heads up. Happy Detecting to everyone!!! kevin

I got the pro package and it does look good packed with goodies..very nice unit

I notice they don't say Ni-mh on the batteries, or couldn't see it, but are 2400 Mha and says right on the battery ready to use, so could they be eneloop batteries?? if they are they will hold the charge sitting unlike the reg Ni-mh for a long period.
You are correct that the pro package didn't have the alkaline batteries.

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
I notice they don't say Ni-mh on the batteries, or couldn't see it, but are 2400 Mha and says right on the battery ready to use, so could they be eneloop batteries?? if they are they will hold the charge sitting unlike the reg Ni-mh for a long period.
You are correct that the pro package didn't have the alkaline batteries.

Rick

Yes they do:

56756.AA.Mignon.HR6.Ni-MH.1.2v :rolleyes: I have been using the same set for over 20 hours and still showing full charge, good stuff.:detecting:

They say, that these Vartas are a relabered Rayovac Hybrids. So it means they a low self discharge nimh batteries.