Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

US coin Programs

rjdriver

As a novice user that just got his Deus how about some of your seasoned veterans of the Deus post some good US coin programs that work for you...... and yes I already have Andy's book actually 2 of them,
I was just curious on what is working for other people.
Thank you in advance
Best
Rob

I'm using a 9" coil in old Old town southern WI, so a lot of Iron, Mineralization seems to be running in the lower 70's I was running Andy's HP coin program on page 105 of the book but it seems like I really find a lot of aluminum with that one although I did find a 1941 mercury dime last week but I think it was by happenstance because I was out in the middle of a 50 acre field just walking when I hit it but really I was in the middle of nowhere... who knows maybe a farmer a long time ago blew a hole in his pocket when he was working the field.
Thanks
Rob

That's a good program but I think a bit too hot if you are in trashy or irony sites. First thing I would do is turn TX down to 2 or even 1 if trashy. If your soil is weakly mineralized, maybe try 8 kHz instead of 12. It will hit a better on those high conducting coins. But 12 kHz isn't a bad choice. If your are in an iron patch you will want to raise your Reactivity to 2 or 3 if it is thick. Once you understand what the Deus is telling you, you should try Full Tones and 0 Disc. Some love it and some hate it. :cheers:

Thanks for the suggestions I will try that and see where I get with it.... I thought it might be a bit hot as it was kind of chirpy.......its a good thingI'm old and my hearing isn't what it used to be or it would drive me crazy.
Thanks Again
Rob

I use the High Notch from 97-99 and
Ground Notch to match those soil readings
to quiet things down considerably, and I
predominately run 8k as well.
I stay at TX 2 too and Reactive always starts
at 0 and increases as the trash increases.
The Silencer can help with the chatter but
you'll have to mess with it.... remember
it changes whenever Reactive is changed.

Lodge Scent said:
That's a good program but I think a bit too hot if you are in trashy or irony sites. First thing I would do is turn TX down to 2 or even 1 if trashy. If your soil is weakly mineralized, maybe try 8 kHz instead of 12. It will hit a better on those high conducting coins. But 12 kHz isn't a bad choice. If your are in an iron patch you will want to raise your Reactivity to 2 or 3 if it is thick. Once you understand what the Deus is telling you, you should try Full Tones and 0 Disc. Some love it and some hate it. :cheers:

I am learning along with others. Which frequency would be used with 0 disc full tones?

Mountain Mike said:
I am learning along with others. Which frequency would be used with 0 disc full tones?

Depends on your desired targets and soil conditions Mike. In general, if you have mild soil, the lower frequencies will hit those high conducting coins like silver better. I use 8 kHz most of the time. The higher frequencies will hit better on smaller, lower conducting targets (nickels). I am guessing that 8 or 12 kHz will suit your general detecting needs 95% of the time. I will use 4 kHz to help determine if a target is iron. I haven't yet found the need to use for 18 kHz for the type of hunting I do. If I was in the UK looking for hammered silver, I might be thinking differently.

XP Deus Settings

Frequency 8
Discrimination 8
Iron Volume 2
Reactivity 1 or 2 watch sweep speed. Mostly in 1
Silencer 0
Sensitivity 88-93
TX power 2 or 3 Mostly 3 but if things get chatty 2
GB Manual use Tracking to get a reading then switch to manual
Notch 8-25 98-99
Ground Notch 70-90
4 Tones personal choices on break points
Audio Response 4

My daily hunt pattern. The Professional hunters won't like this but for some reason I just seem to keep finding great things with it. Go figure