Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

US Pennies compositions & TID's for CTX3030 & Etrac

pulltabfelix

Ever wondered why pennies ring up so differently? Well you probably knew, but here are some more detailed results tested on the CTX3030 in the Ferrous-coin mode with the pennies on a patch of ground cleared of any other metal.

You can easily see from the data that the TID values change when the composition or weight changes.

pennies us air test on ctx3030.jpg

Ever wondered why pennies ring up so differently? Well you probably knew, but here are some more detailed results tested on the CTX3030 in the Ferrous-coin mode with the pennies on a patch of ground cleared of any other metal.

You can easily see from the data that the TID values change when the composition or weight changes.

View attachment 22405
I have pennies from the 80's and 90's ring up 12.46.

Tell me why!

I have pennies from the 80's and 90's ring up 12.46.

Tell me why!
Correction to chart: 62-82 has .950 copper and .05 zinc. no tin. oops on my part copied it down wrong.

but on your 80's and 90's pennies I don't know. Were your 12.46 readings that you swung over or air test? Maybe mineralization in your ground is changing the CO value. I have also heard that if it is deeper the values can change. But not 100% sure on any of this. my test were pure air test with the pennies laying on ground that I swung over to make sure it was clear of any metal. Plus my mineralization is medium.

Last edited:
Targets in the wild.

I don't do air test or a test garden. All done in the wild.

Ok, lots of corrections here. I should not have created this chart from the very small print out of "A Guide Book of United States Coins 2019 by R.S. Yeoman, 72nd edition when I had this head cold.

Here is the corrected file. I hope I got it right this time, I don't wish to mislead anyone with bad info.

The test was an air test on ground I cleared with my CTX3030 to make sure no other metal items were in the ground. Height was about 7" above the ground using Ferrous-Coin mode. My ground is moderately mineralized but that should not have affected anything since it was an air test.

Sorry for the goofs.

Attachments

• pennies us air test on ctx3030.jpg
    pennies us air test on ctx3030.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 89