Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

US sales of Vistas

Just read his post, sorry to hear that.

What tariffs are these? The only ones hitting the EU that I know of are on steel an aluminum. Would be interesting to hear more about it.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?44,2490001

I think its mostly the shipping charges from Bulgaria to the US which can be costly.
But, its just as expensive to ship a detector from the USA to a country overseas.

Yes, the shipping charges with UPS are high although we receive very good discount what give to our dealers and clients. But with the new smaller carton boxes with what will be dispatched Vista X the transport cost for five units for example will be fast the same as two Vista with the old carton boxes. So, it's all a matter of a little patience until we receive the new cartons the next week and check how much will cost transport. For the different dealers there can exist little difference in price for transport too, because UPS take amount for proximity and remote area depending on the state in USA too.

So, no new tariffs yet. Good. Tariffs are just a government tax on us consumers. The manufacturer pays nothing - the importer pays the duty, then the price to you the customer goes up - or the importer loses money. either way the US Government collects a new tax.

I wonder if our US made detectors (Garrett, Whites example) are being tariffed overseas right now ?

RG-DeepTech said:
Yes, the shipping charges with UPS are high although we receive very good discount what give to our dealers and clients. But with the new smaller carton boxes with what will be dispatched Vista X the transport cost for five units for example will be fast the same as two Vista with the old carton boxes. So, it's all a matter of a little patience until we receive the new cartons the next week and check how much will cost transport. For the different dealers there can exist little difference in price for transport too, because UPS take amount for proximity and remote area depending on the state in USA too.

So as I read it the price will be Less with the new cartons, not a $100 more.

Dancer said:
I wonder if our US made detectors (Garrett, Whites example) are being tariffed overseas right now ?

Yes they are costing quite a bit more for a UK buyer to buy, import a US detector, Canadians pay about 20-30% more for a US brand detector. Basically Customs fees, high taxes and very high shipping cost from the US. If Americans had to pay all this extra cash, there might be another Boston Tea Party.
European detectors equal and exceed US manufactures performance for most their needs and plenty of brands and models to choose from, makes no sense to buy a US machine. Over the past number of years innovative European machines are gaining favor by many over US machines as they do have more to offer in features and performance.

Sven, everything you pointed out is a factor. There are multiple things which play together to determine the cost of a product in country “X” (whatever country you are talking about).

Manufacturer’s price. This is determined in the Manufacturers’ currency or in USD.

Shipping costs from country of manufacture to country of sale. Generally these have dropped considerably due to increased competition.

Customs brokerage charges at importing port. These vary a lot and can be minimal or very high depending on the importers’s “Market power”. An individual can pay a lot for a one off item depending on the method of shipment.

Local taxes. In the US we are about the only country I know of where point of sale taxes are an add on to the final price “at the cash register”. Almost everywhere else there is a Value added Tax (VAT) which is included in the advertised or negotiated price. When you live in a country which has a VAT, you pay the VAT as part of the import process.

Customs duties. These are typically low and small orders via the postal system often avoid these altogether. The recent Trade Wars initiated by the current US Administration are changing this dramatically.

Currency conversion. If the item is priced in US $ by the manufacturer, every move of the USD vs your local currency is effectively a price increase of decrease. The strength of the US $ vs. many foreign currencies has made life more difficult for US exporters and Garrett, Whites and First Texas are no exception. On the other hand, there is the Turkish Lire. It started 2018 at 3.8 lira to one $ and ended the year at 5.2 lire to the $. This meant, among other things that Nokta/Makro had an opportunity to make a about 37% currency windfall when sell into the US. For the Lira/Euro it was also favorable, but not quite to the same degree - for 2018 start 4.55 lira per Euro and at the end 6.77 per Euro - for a currency windfall of about 48%. Their aggressive pricing can easily be explained by the opportunity to build market share while making a good margin while vigorously cutting prices.

World economics. Tariffs, taxes etc. Protection from product dumping intellectual theft, things can get nasty. Right now, the state's are offering foreign companies incentives to set up shop here. Companies as large as Toyota down to many family owned diners are doing purty good (right now) Your in business , you got to be nimble. Getting back to what This forum is about. All we are interested in is a instrument to help us find a nice button among a gang of nails. Or scratch up some degraded coins from aluminum trash. So all our fishing reels come from China and we can't get a few dozen analog tectors over here without a trade war. Preposterous !

The shipment for the new DeepTech VistaX will start the next week, guys :)
Тhank you for your patience and thank's to all DeepTech testers !
Today the new cartons arrived

Vista X will arrive in USA up to the end of next week.
Can’t mention the names of our American dealers due to forum rules, as already was mentioned from Ziggy, but check our website:
http://deeptech-bg.com/contact-us
And contact with the dealer in Arizona.

[size=large]If I can get 5 shipped for what 2 cost me in the past, I may order some.... I paid $172.35 each previously... now with that shipping rate of 5 with smaller box, price would figure a little over a $100. HH Richard[/size]

Go for it............you might as well get in on the ground floor selling the Vista X, could be the hot ticket for you................being an orig. DeepTech dealer.