Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag:Dual Field INOP!! :thumbdown:

Cupajo

For the first time since I got it in September of 2009 my Dear Friend "Mr. Dual Field" is inoperative!!!

A neighbor called asking if I would search for his lost wedding band in the waters of a nearby state beach and when I placed fully charged batteries in my favorite PI nothing but silence in the earphones!!

Tested to be sure power was getting to the circuit board and so far so good.

Placed a bid on a new replacement ("spare" just in case) on EBay.

Years of use and abuse have finally come to this----

Wish me luck,

CJ

PS Charged up both of my XL500s (circa '82) and will have go at finding the ring.

Power to the board is a good thing.......Could it be the headphone connection?
I don't use mine as much as the Xcal these days, but for 3 years it was all I had and used. Can't say anything bad about the DF. Honestly glad it was my first water detector it was a major factor for developing patience, humbleness and a strong scooping arm...LOL
Hope it works out for the better CJ....Good Luck!

XL500's!!!! Don't hurt yourself carrying those beasts around! :biggrin:

I hope that the problem ends up being something simple. Good luck finding the ring.

"XL500's!!!! Don't hurt yourself carrying those beasts around!"

2.5 hours this AM and found the Old XL still works fine!!

No ring as yet, but at least I have a machine I can trust to use!!:thumbup:

The ring owner seems sure it was lost in the water, but one of the rangers mentioned someone turned in a wedding band found in the dry sand.

I passed the info on to the fellow who lost his as a possible.

Regards,

CJ

An '82 XL500, sound like a Sea Hunter VLF/TR ..... I had the XS500 VLF/TR for a while and later in '84 got hold of the Sea Hunter XL500 PI which I still have and it's still working.

Never the less (Mr plumber) good to see you still keep your head above water and are active! :cheers: