Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Here Is The Straight Shaft I Built For My LS :detecting:

Cupajo

[attachment 130486 100_0006.JPG]

The shaft is aluminum and I find it very comfortable to use both in the water and on land.

Take a look at how I anchored the coil in place at the angle I prefer.

[attachment 130487 100_0011.JPG]

The brace is 1/2"pvc plastic pipe cut at an angle that will allow it to mate to the lower shaft and a couple of holes allow the brace to be secured with two electrical plastic ties and a bit of electrical tape.

The brace is very sturdy and I will often use the coil and shaft to help me ballance as I place my weight on the scoop.

It has just enough drag to keep my coil swing moving at a nice pace.

I've used this method for many years and it has worked very well.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

PS The yellow coating is the rubber tool handle material I have used many years to reduce the scuffing that wears out coil bottoms.

Nice!:detecting:Man that is long! You can do some swingin' with that! I really like that yellow rubber tool handle covering for the coil. I might try that. I bet it makes the search coil alot more visible while under the water. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Metalhead,

Long swings for sure!

When I pin point I have to stretch out my leg a bit to put my toe against the coil!

I do like it though.

As I mentioned in the post, I have used the coating a lot and I like the improved visibility too.

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Two days in a row now I have hunted out of the water on wet sand.

The longer shaft allows me to swing in long slow arcs and cover a lot of ground.

It is a lot more comfortable for my arthritic hand to grasp and swing than the factory shaft.

Tomorrow weather permitting, I'll give it a workout in the early morning tide.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

It looks like it's a better balanced machine after your shaft replacement. Coloring the coil yellow is a good idea along with the angle placement as that would help in pin pointing in a reverse manner.