Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag:Here's a story about last Spring's planting adventure.

LoL, thats a good one Rusty. I moved into a small apartment a few years ago so I don't have a garden to play in. every year I try to find some decent home grown tomatoes but its always the hard shipped in crap. even at road side produce stands. never thought I would see the day when you could no longer get a good home grown tomatoe. I wish I had enough space to grow about 20 tomatoe plants. I was on my way home from hunting a town about twenty miles out the road, back around the end of august and saw a man with a pickup truck set up along the side of the road selling tomatoes.I pulled over and looked them over.Not home grown. I thought I would get a couple since I had not been able to find any good ones anywhere. I asked the man how much? He said 1.50 ea for the big ones,1.00 ea for the medium ones and a quarter each for the cherry tomatoes. :yikes: I just shook my head and walked away.

Boy thats a good one! I sure hate to hear that "We have to" business too! :rofl: This spring she had me go get mulch, instead of getting the bags, I had the fellow at a landscapers supply dump a tractor bucket of loose chips in the back of my truck, saving a few dollars and me not having to lift all those bags I figured...I drove home and backed right up to the front door garden area, and was quickly spreding it out of the back with a pitchfork, slinging chips like an urban version of a manure spreader, ...the wife comes out to supervise, and seeing I was going to finish this chore in about ten minutes, she started helping slow me down by leaning over the side of the truck and taking little handfulls of chips to toss in the spots she determined I missed...well, I jumped in the cab and started pulling forward when she let out a shriek..."Your on my foot!" I already had it in drive, and could not really discern what she was yelling, except that the truck was on her foot! so I hit the gas...well, of course I got no brownie points for doing all that yardwork, and it was my fault in some strange womans logic way, after all, I ran over her foot as she placed it in front of the wheel of a moving vehicle while reaching over the side of the truck to grab a little handfull of bark...I think it makes her mad that I get things done fast, and she would prefer me to waste entire days suffering...boy, I sure would like to say, "Hey there, ol' spatula foot, hows about flopping into the house and grabbing me a beer" or something like that, but I dont, not verbally anyway...
Mud