Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: :ranting: Movie theater removes the "NO GUNS ALLOWED" sign from their doors...

[size=large]After sending the theater an e-mail (see below) in protest of their "No Guns Allowed in Theater" signs, I see that the signs are no longer posted on their doors or ticket both. I came, I saw, I complained. Now, because of it, I can freely carry and protect my famiy in that theater. Now, with that in mind, I would encourage all of you to send a letter to Congress to remove President Obama from office ASAP./size]

[size=large] Cinema 8 Theater

Yesterday I came with my family to see a movie at your theater in Farmville as I had many times since the new theater opened. I was very disappointed to see a dumb sign in your window about "No Firearms Allowed" in the movie. As a law-abiding citizen, a combat Viet Nam veteran and a legal conceal carry permit holder for 18 years, I did the right thing and took my family and legally holstered gun and left your theater with out buying tickets. I have no plans of returning to Cinema 8 until your sign is taken down. The 20 or so times I came to Cinema 8 before for watch a movie, I was always armed.

If you think your stupid sign is going to make a bit of difference to a criminal or someone with bad intentions, then you live on another world. I carry a gun to protect my family and myself when and where it is necessary ~ that is apparently NOT in your establishment where my personal safety is frowned upon. You are obviously not able to protect me and my family so why would I disarm so a criminal can come in armed? ~ Gee, let me ponder that.

No guns signs are nothing new, I've seen them go up and come down almost as fast as they went up when law abiding citizens complain and business starts to drop because of knee jerk policies and fear. Just think how differently things might have turned out if someone in the Colorado theater had a conceal permit and was able to stop the shooter early in the shooting? Gee ~ let me ponder that too.

For every letter sent as I am doing here, there are many more people that will just not come back. Movies in the theaters will soon be for rent ~ I'll just wait until they are. I hope you will rethink your worthless, do nothing policy and take the sign down. Until then, as one famous movie actor said ~ "Hasta la vista , baby "

Vernon Cross

[/size]

and to reveal the truth about Benghazi (?) Out with the evil and in with the good through God Jehovah's help and Patriotic Americans of faith doing something that even our elected officials won't do because most of them love being re-elected and their greediness for money and power more than honesty and morality! :blink: :angel: Ma

n/t

From the land of the Bluenose.....good read. Saw the new Bond movie and there certainly was enough guns in the show at that time. Good movie but about 3rd down on my Bond list.

[attachment 249311 No-Guns-Allowed.jpg]

[size=large]There are by law, specific area's where a licensed permit holder may not legally carry a weapon , such as:

All federal buildings and a few state buildings

A court house

A police station or prison.

A school building or on most collages.

A bar.

Other than that you are allowed to carry anywhere in your state or into most other states. Businesses can post a "No Guns" signs... if they want to go out of business. A new Wal Mart in Alaska put up a no Guns allowed sign on the doors for about a week before they took it down. Seen it to many times, Denney's was the same as well as many others that tried NO GUNS signs. The MILLIONS of gun owners will not patronize them. There has never been a case of a permit holder going into a public building and blowing away a bunch of people he never even knew... but they may prevent it. [/size]

Hello Vernon,

I hope you and yours are doing well.

I was pleased to read your e-mail and even more pleased to see the results of your e-mail.

Keep up the good work.

I'm also happy to see that many of the people with whom I've exchanged messages are still around.

I recently retired from the teaching profession after 38 years, which includes 4 years at the university.
My retirement only lasted two weeks, as I was quickly hired by a former student, to work in his rare coin store.
I've been his attributor in antiquities & medieval for the last two years. I only work three days a week
so I'm finally looking forward to doing a little out of state detecting.
He gives me twice the homework than I ever gave him. Could that be payback?
He's a fun, generous, and flexible employer.

I'm still going to keep my, "Nutty Teacher," pseudonym. I think I deserve it.

Keep standing up for our rights.

Respectfully,

The Nutty Retired Teacher

Hello Dave,

Thank you for the fun postings.

I'm happy to see that you're still at it.

As you may have read in my reply to Vernon's post, I've finally retired, kind of, sort of.

This gives me more time to go out detecting, at least after all the snow melts.

Keep looking for those signs. They're there to remind us all that there are those of
us out there with a greater degree of, "Drain Bamage," that's a plumbing term;
than others of us.

Reallyspectfully,

Hello Elson,

It's great to see you're still posting.

Unfortunately, you're not going to be able to tell me to go play with my crayons as I've finally retired from
teaching. You can tell me to go to the back of the room and play with my coins though.

Happy Thanksgiving,