Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Took My Infinium Out For A Spin Early This AM!! :detecting:

Cupajo

Winter tides move the sand around at the local beaches and then seasonal storms stir it around more, so a hunter has to keep checking how things are from time to time.

This morning I decided to visit a nearby beach where I found a couple of nice gold rings last year.

The beach is split in two by a breakwater and the sand is piled up against the stone wall on the east side for maybe 50 feet farther out than it was when I found the ring last year.

In years past I have walked on hard pan and cobble stones where there is three or four feet of sand now!

Some parts of the subsurface are covered with less than a foot of sand and on the other side of the breakwater (jetty) there is a larger expanse of water, but once I got maybe fifteen or twenty feet away from the water's edge I found the sand beyond a foot deep and getting deeper as I got farther away from dry land!

I spent most of the 4+ hours in the water searching parallel to the sandy beach in a loose grid pattern.

I found a couple of nickles and ignored most of the low-hi signals which avoided extra digging and clad coins.

Odd bits of pop-top aluminum and can shards were added to the collection and I soon added the second crematory tag of my hunting career!

It will be dropped in deep water when I get my old fishing boat out there soon

I found a brass religious medallion and less than a foot away another in silver on what seems to be a silver chain although it has some golden highlights in the sunlight!

There is no clasp to look for makers marks.

I moved to the second half of the split beach (the west side) to see if it was worth the effort or not and soon added 5 more nickles to my take!

PI detectors see nickles in about the same way they see gold and give me hope that when I pass over gold I will get the same response!!

I think of the nickles as each one being a promise for future treasure!

I dug up another chain that looks to be silver complete with clasp.

A couple of iron bits and bottle-caps rounded out the take for the day!

In the water at about 6:30 AM and out at 10:30 makes for a stiff workout for these winter softened old muscles, but it felt good!

It felt good until a customer called to ask where I was and why hadn't I been at his house at 8 AM as we had agreed? (I forgot to put it on my calender!!)

Fortunately the job could be (carefully) rescheduled, but the emergency calls and the afternoon scheduled work could not be ignored!!

It's now 6:15 PM and I have had enough for one day!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Oh yeah, I know what you mean about those shifting sands. I will even take pictures of various beaches throughout our travels(my wife and I are full time RVers)from different perspectives to see how they look compared to previous seasons. Yeah that Infinium hits hard on those nickels, but you're right, it hits on gold the same way. Congrats on the (hopefully silver) chain. I agree with you on digging mostly high-low signals. That's a good idea. Happy Hunting!

Hey Fellow Hunter,

If you ever drift toward the north east (as in Connecticut) give me a heads up!!

It would be nice to meet you!!

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

Will do, buddy. Thanks. No plans as of yet, but I would love to do some relic hunting in that area one of these days. Never been to the north east, but it sure would be fun to look for some colonial relics/coins, etc. in that area. Whenever we do we'll hook up and hit the beach, buddy!:) Sounds like fun!:wiggle: Thanks again! Happy Hunting!:biggrin: