Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Used detectors prices down

marcomo

Anybody else noticed how soft the used detector market has gotten?

Used detector prices that don't reflect this reality are going unsold.

It has been that way for some time I think. My collection is growing and the Nox will most likely cement a couple of detectors to the permanent shelf models.
Obsolescence is as much a psychological event as it is a real one and Minelab's marketing will put a six month or better reinforcement to the brainwashing that an old machine just won't be as rewarding to swing. What the heck , I still have 8 tracks and cassettes on that obsolete shelf as well. Going to blow the bottom out of that X-1 probe market as well as everyone starts mothballing those Explorers and etracs. Better dump:) them while you can

............it is a market adjustment by the general public ( Purchasers)..... For awhile detectors were high," if not grossly over priced" depending on brands and models.
Even the manufactures have lowered the prices on new made over models released with just a small difference, and slight name changes.

Huge influx of newer models has driven the price drop which is excellent for the rest of us as many fine units on the cheap. John :detecting:

They still have nothing to compare to the X-1.......People sell there E=trac"s and Explorers...to try something new....Then half go back to them......The new Minelab probe is only two tone....So to me still not as good as X-1....Still think the X-1's will cost a lot...

sprchng said:
It has been that way for some time I think. My collection is growing and the Nox will most likely cement a couple of detectors to the permanent shelf models.
Obsolescence is as much a psychological event as it is a real one and Minelab's marketing will put a six month or better reinforcement to the brainwashing that an old machine just won't be as rewarding to swing. What the heck , I still have 8 tracks and cassettes on that obsolete shelf as well. Going to blow the bottom out of that X-1 probe market as well as everyone starts mothballing those Explorers and etracs. Better dump:) them while you can

sprchng------Dump my Etrac & X-1?? NOT IN YOUR WILDEST DREAMS!!!:yikes:-----Hey, I still got the 8 tracks & cassettes to--pretty neat things, aren't they!:thumbup:----Yes Sir, I got an E800 coming---but---No Sir, that Etrac/X-1 ain't goin no place!!----I'll bet this is finally something mascard & I could agree on.;)----------Del
sprchng said:

Yes the X-1 will become like bias ply tires and carburetors on 53 Chevys within months of the Nox release. Buy some clear acrylic to make a nice box for that blunderbuss of a detector and pointer so you can admire it on the mantle.:thumbup:

:lmfao:Yeah, you may be right--but--that big ole baby sweetheart Etracs got a permanent home.-----When I get too decrepit & broken down to swing it (fast approaching) I can mount it on the wall like a prize fish!---Find a spot on the wall where everyone can see it when they first come through the front door--doesn't get any better than that!!!:thumbup::biggrin:
sprchng said:
Yes the X-1 will become like bias ply tires and carburetors on 53 Chevys within months of the Nox release. Buy some clear acrylic to make a nice box for that blunderbuss of a detector and pointer so you can admire it on the mantle.:thumbup:

D&P-OR said:
:lmfao:Yeah, you may be right--but--that big ole baby sweetheart Etracs got a permanent home.-----When I get too decrepit & broken down to swing it (fast approaching) I can mount it on the wall like a prize fish!---Find a spot on the wall where everyone can see it when they first come through the front door--doesn't get any better than that!!!:thumbup::biggrin:
sprchng said:

I'm going to hang mine up by a chain made with all the gold rings I have found with it.:)
Oh , I forgot , you can't find gold rings with an FBS:yikes:,, cat's out of the bag now!!

sprchng said:
D&P-OR said:
sprchng said:

I'm going to hang mine up by a chain made with all the gold rings I have found with it.:)
Oh , I forgot , you can't find gold rings with an FBS:yikes:,, cat's out of the bag now!!

I've found 3 gold rings with mine, including one today!

Hey I am enjoying it myself. I have bought 3 units here lately I have been wanting back for a few years. No complaints here

Lot of things pushing prices down. Competition over dwindling targets. I'm a clad / jewelry hunter. Mud & beach. Rarely find a site that isn't being sat on. A real Sabie hunter with good tools can still do good. I'm not gonna push any detectors but for me it's the foil, nickel, pull tab zone. Zero in on that everything else comes along. Oh, in my areas the pennies are becoming the new trash, slowly replacing pulltabs. Guess that's a good thing.

The Metal Detector Companies can make all the High prices fancy Detectors they want, But until they make an effort to save Public sites from getting closed to Detecting No one will have a Place to use their shiney New Toys.

I think most of that part is up to us.