Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using ATPro in surf.

zaxfire69

Well I need a little advice guys. I'm going to the beach in about 3 weeks. I am wondering which I should buy? A really nice long handled Stainless Beach Scoop or a set of Submersible headphones? I am running a Headphone adapter so if I water hunt I would have to use the External speaker. Not going deep maybe knee depth. Can you hear the external speaker over the crashing surf? I know the answer is probably long handled scoop, but just need the advice from folks who have been in the surf. Thanks in advance. Any other beach tips will help also.

If you aren't going deep, why not use headphones? I used my standard AT headphones at the beach and waist high surf, as long as you don't submerge them or drop them in the water, you should be OK.
I suspect with wave noise and wind in the water, you might have a hard time hearing some tones.

You gotta have a scoop, I can't imagine trying to find a coin or a ring in the sand without it, especially in moving water. I'd go with the scoop! Use the headpones you have, just don't drop them in the water...lol.

Remove the headphone adapter for now and use the stock headphones that come with the machine. I wade out alittle over waist deep and don't have a problem with the stock headphones, just don't drop them in the water. You will NOT be able to hear the speaker at waist deep because the control box will be underwater...been there tried that! A good water scoop is vital...not a beach scoop...make sure its heavy duty. Save up for some waterproof headphones, they can come later if you want to go deeper.