Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using Mixed Mode For Fine Gold Chains.

below2doe

Hi Guys,

Setting up mixed mode for fine gold chains do you guys stay with the standard settings to get the best depth. Also what coil would you use to give you the best advantage.

Regards below2doe.:ausflag:

This is where ground balance really become critical and lock the tracking. It doesn't take much residual ground return to mask a gold chain. I have better luck with the VX3 / V3i in Mixed Mode when it comes to small gold chains and earrings. The majority of the hits I get on fine gold chains are a result of the All Metal channel. And, because they are so light, very few, even those in the dry sand at the beach are more than an inch or two deep. Hopefully, the most "consistency" will be found in the All Metal response, in that it says "there is a small target there - take a look".

I can promise you this: If you don't want to miss gold, including fine gold chains, make sure to have -6 to +55 accepted and hunt in Mixed Mode.

At the beach you need a concentric coil. In the dirt it will depend on how mineralized the soil is and how much separation you need.

What do you find works best Standard or Stereo? I have been using the stereo, also when searching parks for gold chains, what do you hear as the dominate signal, the all metal or discrimination?

Neither normal or stereo works best. It is what you like. The most "consistency" will be found in the All Metal response, in that it says "there is a small target there - take a look".

Setting for single frequency is the key to gold chains on the V3i or DFX. Here is a video I did showing the difference,

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu5_ygs_5L4[/video]

Southwind is dead on in finding that "tiniest" of signatures. (If you could just A/B switch to a tiny coil/rod assembly though for tracing (?)....instead,hyper-tune your PP as that's the best that can be done for now.)

I'd still like to see the same video with a V3i. I'm not sure the results would be the same. How about one?