Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using photoshop Elements to help ID coins..

azsh07

I have explained how to do this before but here is a short video. This works extremely well on most copper and pewter based coins that are very corrode BUT you have some detail to work with..even just a smidge works.

Now in the video I said you can download Elements for free...which is true but it is only free for 30 day trial. Elements comes free with a lot of new computers in that free disc...so maybe a friend has a copy!!!

Anyway I did not spend a lot of time explaining how to use Elements...kind of have to figure that out with a little practice. But what I am doing is easy peasy stuff as far as the coins go.

Now the video at this moment is uploading so for about 50 minutes it will not be available but after an hour from this post it will be active. I have a slow upload speed...I am too cheap to pay Timewarner MORE money for speed!!
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoowtdscqKM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Way cool. Thanks for taking the time azs.

I meant to say that was a good idea on that other thread we were talking together...I will try it out the next time I am having difficulty ID'ing a coin

GKMan said:
I meant to say that was a good idea on that other thread we were talking together...I will try it out the next time I am having difficulty ID'ing a coin

Cool...and I did take it that you had posted it was a good idea!! I just made a separate post so that it could be found easier down the road if I made a separate post rather than having it buried under another thread..:)