Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using the F75 at the beach...

scdigger

Hey guys,

Headed to the beach next week...and although beach hunting is not my "thing"....when in Rome....any suggestions on setup in the wet sand, or anything I should know. Thanks for the input.

Greg

Our family went down to Southern California last week for vacation and I brought the F75 along to try my hand at beach hunting. Each morning I got up early and put in a couple hours of detecting before the rest of the family got up and going. The F75 worked great in the dry sand and got 4 silver rings, 3 matching silver bracelet rings, 1 silver earring and a fair amount of clad along with the the typical junk like nails, foil, trash and pop tops. Now for the bad news: When I ventured down into the wet sand, the F75 got very chatty, and trying to pinpoint was useless. As soon as I pulled the trigger it would go off. Sure it would be nice if it handled the So. Cal. wet sand well, but I still love using it everywhere else. I plan to sell my x-terra 50 (which I've hardly used since I bought the F75) and put the money towards a new Excalibur II to hit the lake and river beaches up here (No. Cal.) and give it a try down south next summer.

Hope you have better luck in the wet sand where you're headed.

Bart

I also had the same problem in Tybee Island did well on dry sand and was awful on wet sand. I even tried to manually GB it and that was not much better. Hope this helped and have a great time.

Ive used it on the wet sand ocean beach here in NJ and it does pretty good.

All metal motion mode, manual ground balance(mine ends up from about 2 to 10), sens I set about 28. That will give a steady threshold and get good depth.
Ive also played with running the sens up high, as much as 70 and its noiser but seems to do better on depth.
stay out of the disc mode. the all metal mode has great visual ID and even the audio has its own sounds as you will see.

HH
Neil

Hi all.........nice to read some honest comments on the F75's wet sand performance. I agree in general with the less than favourable comments over wet sand, but remember Fisher make NO claims that it is for that mode of usage.

In DISC mode it's chattery, even with the GB set from 2 to 12. When you use any All Metal mode things quieten down, but to achieve any reasonable depth incurres

inconsistent depth. That in turn is dependent on the re-set threshold leve,l relative to the search-head's proximity to the wet sand, when you pull the trigger.

When I have the patience and am willing to persevere, I have pulled clad coins from 8 to 9 inches, but the struggle has never proven to be rewarding.

I can achieve so much more when I use my DFX or EXP II....... and enjoy the pleasure of doing so...........MattR.UK.

Went to beach with F75 this early today man GB switch to JE mode sens 90 in dry sand

Its nice to here everything then get between the trash, got bunch of clad as i was leaving

BAM id 92 sounded bigger than coin a nice .925 dolphin ring [not the team] only thing

it was running so hot i got double beeps on shallow coins had to lift coil up 6in to get single beep I doubt i will use it in wet sand

dont want to dunk it I have a water detector for that

I took mine to a beach on Lake Michigan last night hoping to get a little bling. It was my first time to the beach with it so I was kinda ready to be disapointed, but I wasnt. I fast grabbed on wet sand and got a 84. sens about 70 disc at 6 no notch. Went in about knee deep and took it slow. Found that signals came in good. I dug 6-8 pull tabs and pulled a broach shaped in a star with what looks like amethsis stone (Doubt it) and no coins in the water. Went to dry sand, fg at 82, found about 80 cents in clad. My buddy has an excalaber and went out chest deep and got skunked. When he came back and said he hadnt found nothing but a few pull tabs I was sure that I hadnt missed anything that I had swept over. It was funny how you get out of the water and onto land. You swing that detector like a light sabre. LOL. Anyway, this was the first good weekend to be at the beach in north indiana so I hope we can get a little time in over the summer. TMAN...