Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

using the F75 magnetite bar graph

bhershey

I'm VERY interested in how this graph works. Being able to easily map out fill dirt, old garden boundaries, etc. would help form a hunting strategy with each new property. I can imagine how cool it would be to see all the numbers on a paper grid of the property, then draw lines between similar numbers to see what takes shape.

The F75 operating manual says something about bobbing the coil for accuracy. I'm wondering if the coil must stay in motion, for example could I walk along dragging the coil along the surface and jotting down the readings. Or perhaps I would have stand still, bob the coil, note the reading, take a step forward and repeat.

Any help from an existing owner would be appreciated! If this works like I hope, an F75 is in the near future to replace my CoinStrike :)

Thank you!
Brian
Lancaster, PA, USA

yes you can walk along & see the bar graph changing up & down as you go. I don't stare at it all the time, but since your looking at the big number readings you can notice changes. If you see any drastic leaps either up or down, you can figure the soil changed & quickly "FASTgrab" (re-balance with the trigger forward). Coming from a C$ myself this trigger is Awesome for both pinpointing & quick balancing. The FeO graph IS a very cool feature, & one of my faves of both the F75 & T2....
Bobbing just seems to be the most accurate way to get a real good ground reading & balance. Often it only takes a couple quick pumps to get a phase # & go....Just be sure to check the message box in case it said "can't GB". The fast grab seems to give a solid balance. I have gone into manual balance to check it's accuracy it's been right where I want it everytime so far......
Also, some have reported using this graph to find dumps & trash pits too, as the burnt ash & stuff will make the graph change too.
The diggin in VA hunt was a great test as each field was different. I did alot of fast grabbing as their were actually stripes in the field...showing mineral changes. There was some nasty red clay that made the phase # go up over 90:shocked: Then in the woods or another part of the field it would drop to a more normal 50's or 60's mineralization even less that I have here....So the "FeO" feature was very helpful in showing me if it was around 90 I had to back off the sensitivity (or get lots of chatter)...if it was say 63 mineralization, I could crank sens. back up high.....
HH,
Bill