Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

using the word

Ed Steinhoff

Shortly after going to work on a ranch that was owned by the president of the local fair board, He was venting his frusration about an application for a vender tent spot at the fair from a local home bible study group that had done a witnessing tent very successfully the year before. In his rant it came out that he had some negitive complanits after the fair from some "Karen" types that had him inclined not to honor the application for the up coming fair.
It came out that I was the leader of the study group that had made the app.
Nothing was said at the time but the boss/hieredhand relationship was awkward to say the least!
As we started fall gather in the mountains I was quickly running out of horses and had noticed a nice lookin buckskin in the pasture that wasn't being used.
When I asked the boss why, He said "he's a good horse but you can't shoe him and he goes lame in the mtns.
IF I can shoe him can i use Him?
Of course he said but it can't be done unless you sedate him!
The next morning I went the horse barn early to beat the boss and the other hand
Caught up the buckskin, got out my shooing tools and choose the right size shoes.
Before I began my task I took the horse by the halter looked him dead in the eye and said "Horse, my creator and yours said in genesis chapter 1 verse 28 that i am to have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth" and I take that dominion over you right now in the name of Jesus an order you to give me
your hooves and let me shoe you!
He picked up his right front foot! I then proceeded to walk around him and shoe all four feet with not problems!
When I looked up the boss and the other hand had been standing in the door of the barn silently watching the whole thing!
Not a word was spoken as we saddled up and went to work but the bible studty group got the app for fair tent!
Ed

That is awesome. God works in all kinds of ways. And we don’t understand most. That kind of reminds me about the verse in numbers where the donkey saw the angel and moved out of the way. And then the donkey spoke. Thanks for sharing it with us. God is almighty and he hears our needs.

That was certainly enjoyable to read! I was always following a passion for horses. Fortunately, I worked for a true cowboy that was the foreman at a stable that had horseback riding for different classes, including children with special needs. He had worked for most likely the most notable horseman in the United States and perhaps the world in quarter horses. I was googling the name not wanting to misspell it I heard his son say his dad was the owner of more quarter horses than anyone in the world for many years. Cletus Hulling named his son after him. The stable normally kept (30) horses. My boss went to visit Cletus Hulling and brought back a 2 year old 3 bar (running quarter horse) that we broke. My boss had worked for Cletus and he checked every horse that came into that horse farm. He told me he got in the truck with Cletus and they rode through fields, and Cletus said look over there I have a hundred head in that field. He said look at that barn! I have a hundred head of stallions in that barn. I noticed a link I could have clicked on: c/p Mar 30, 2021 · A lifelong horsewoman, Schulte grew up learning from her horseman father, Cletus Hulling, and at age 13, became the youngest female to ride in a National Cutting Horse Association. Perhaps, that is around the time I saw her riding in competition I'll never forget what the Newspaper article said. It was a picture of her riding her black quarter horse that horse was beautiful had its' head down cutting a steer 'eyeball to eyeball' its' feet was out like a mountain lion ready to cut! The article went on to read, 'the Judges hated to give her the first prize her being the only female in the competition'! I knew immediately that was journalism, and I thought 'they didn't hate to give that to her' she received it the old-fashioned way: She earned it! My foreman told me Cletus sold horses all over the world, rented some, and leased some! Imagine! My foreman showed me pictures of the Cheynne Wild Frontier Days. He would often attend them. And participate in them! God blessed me at an early time in life fulfilling what I thought would be an elusive dream.
Ed Steinhoff thank you for the post. It brought back precious moments of perhaps, my still
passion for the most beautiful animal on earth.

Awesome

Thank you for sharing