Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Utah to North East Metal Heading Trip (long - sorry)

Andrus(ut)

Myself, Greg(ut), and another person (not to be named) headed out to Boston, Providence RI, Hartford CT. Along the way also checked out Fall River, New Bedford, and Plymouth Mass, even got down to New Haven CT for some swinging.

We had 7 days of goofing off and swinging the Explorer looking for some oldies. I am not sure which is the best thing about a trip like this 1) no work 2) Friends & Company 3) Vacationing 4) Swinging 5) forgetting reality for a short time. Anyone of the above mentioned five items makes the trip worth it. Some back home ask, Why would we do something like that? Answer: Different, and the fun of the unknown, along with the sweet chirp of the high flute

Make sure you do! These guys are simply great people, and even though they took probably the last of the keepers in my park, I'll forgive 'em!

A promise from me, next time you come this way, I'm taking days off from work that week and I'm swinging with you again!

Glad you all had a good time, it was great to see you again and I'm looking forward to the next time....

See ya guys!

Jeff in Mass

Jeff n Mass might kill me but its that park that has an old pavilion that has been graffiti inside looking over the bottom half of the park. The Park is Huge; I got a classic signal of a lifetime in that park - 9/10 on the depth meter and buried upper right and repeating solid both directions. Suck - a no date Large Cent.

As much fun as we had we probably will get the itch to go for it again. We have a few more spots to check next time. See ya later buddy. The last signal of the trip for me was a worn merc, I said OK not bad - it came out face up and I could read the date -- 1916 --- I stared at that coin for 20 seconds just praying, when I knew it wouldn't be, but just extending the unknown for a little more time. LOL

I know exactly what you were you're talking about Andrus. When I first started detecting a while back I pulled an indian there but nothing else but new clad. Glad you found the large cent :thumbup:

Where abouts did you detect in the Hartford area? I think someone mentioned Keeny Park in your first post. Nice digs btw, curious as to what you found in CT.

If you think of any other details please.POST THEM !!