Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V 3.2 or V 5.2

Quake

Was wondering if i could get some opinions on the version 3.2 using the LF coils i have read alott of good things on this version or should i stay with 5.2
I don't use the mi6 pinpointer and have no Hf or X35 coils, I use a custom program on 8khz using v5.2 but seem's i dont get real good depth but i do find coins and jewelry.
I know if i down grade then decide to get a HF coil ill have to update the software again and loose my program's. I saw no big difference in the x35 9" coil compared to my LF coils
and sold it.

My finds and happiness with the Deus went off the Cliff when I changed my 3.2 to higher versions. I don’t get out much but when I do it seems I get a lot of deep iron falsing and poor depth, ground noise. I’m going back if I can get some help doing it.

I saw no difference at all in the performance other than I think it runs smoother at 5.2

I like the latest version and have had zero issues with version 5.2. A few weeks ago I found a platinum Tiffany & Co. ring with the current 5.2 at a trashy beach at about 8-10”. So it has been a good performer for me. Good luck!

What coils are you using
At the time I was using the 9” HF Coil. I do own the HF Elliptical Coil and really like it as well, especially on the damp sand. Both the HF Coils are exceptional at the beach.

Considering getting a spare WS4 to do 3.2 with a spare LF coil. If there's little to no difference from 5.2 in performance then I'd sell it.

Its been a long time since I sold my lf coils but i know some folks still prefer 3.2 but not with the lf coils. The 5 versions were developed to correct the stability problems with the lf e.g problems interacting with the controller and puck. The versions won't affect the HPs. I traded in my lfs for 2 x35 which are also a little more stable. I use x35(:geek: coins in trash, x35(11) coins in light trash, HP 8 relics for field hunting, elliptical for very heavy trash or yards with light trash for coins and golds. I've never seen a problem with the 5.2 hearing very deep small object, but I've always noticed that the Deus tends to show objects deeper than they actually are e.g Shows 8" actually 6". Some machines are just the opposite. Have yall noticed this?