Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V Rated 950 coil & Salt water Beach's

Rob in (Ca)

The V Rated 950 coil has been Suggested for the Salt water beach, because you Can run it Hot. So I got my v Rated 950 in last week, and just got back from the Salt beach Today, I was not Pleased with the 950 on my Salt beach, it would overload on the Stock Salt Program. and yes I lowered the Gain/Sens and also I moved down the Beach because of EMI could maybe be the Problem..... Still it would not stay stable at all?.

I went back to my truck and got the 10DD and it was Much better. Stayed very Stable with no problems.

But on the way home from the beach I stopped at my local Park and The 950 worked just fine ?????. Something is telling me not all salt water Beach's are the same when it comes to Coils? .

I will call Whites to see if I can Exchange it for the Super 12 and see whats happens.

I thought so to but the 950 works fine at my Local Park ?. some state they had problems with the 10DD coil at the Beach, but mine seems to work fine ? and the 950 don't?. I will try the V Rated super 12 & hope that works as, I can get better ground coverage.

SUPER 12 Reigns on my MY Beach.

I went back out this morning with the 10DD and was Digging Quarters, dimes, nickels at over 10 inch's in the wet salt sand with the stock salt beach program. The threshold ran very smooth with no overload. very happy with the salt beach performance of the V3 ( that is if you have the correct coil) The super 12 will be my next test.

Just to verify ...... is there a "V" on the mounting area of the 950 coil?????? Lot's have ordered coils only to get the old non V nulled coils. Just check to be sure because you are the very first person to have issues with a V Nulled 950 on a beach that I have heard of. Mine works super with everything turned up and TX ON.

Just giving this topic a bump, I am interested in the the answers to caboy's and JimDE's questions. And an update if you got the 12.

Yes The 950 was the V Rated Loop, No luck with it on my Salt water beach here in S-Cal, but The V Rated 950 did work good for my Local Park hunting, It seems that one coil that works good on one beach will not fair well on another Beach?

I now have The V Rated Super 12 and only hunted with it at my local Soccer field and it did great, if I ever get time off work, I will see how she works at the beach