Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 and edge coins

robertk

Today was the second time I've had the V3 sing out loud and clear about a deep coin standing on edge. Both were pennies, and both were in areas that have been detected hard by others. The first time was a 1962 memorial cent on edge at 8" (I have no idea why it was that deep), and today was a 1928 wheat penny at 7". The one today VDI'd a bit high in the search mode screen, like a bottle cap. But the analyze screen showed a good solid curve with the middle frequency dominant, so I dug it. The depth meter was pretty accurate, showing 6 1/2", while my digger measured it at 7".

Nothing spectacular about either find, I just like knowing that I get such a solid, repeatable signal on a penny on edge that deep in the ground. Now if I can just get my coil over some silver....

robertk said:
Today was the second time I've had the V3 sing out loud and clear about a deep coin standing on edge. Both were pennies, and both were in areas that have been detected hard by others. The first time was a 1962 memorial cent on edge at 8" (I have no idea why it was that deep), and today was a 1928 wheat penny at 7". The one today VDI'd a bit high in the search mode screen, like a bottle cap. But the analyze screen showed a good solid curve with the middle frequency dominant, so I dug it. The depth meter was pretty accurate, showing 6 1/2", while my digger measured it at 7".

Nothing spectacular about either find, I just like knowing that I get such a solid, repeatable signal on a penny on edge that deep in the ground. Now if I can just get my coil over some silver....

I picked up a copper halfpenny (UK) in a meadow the other day, 7-8 ins down on edge in very highly mineralised soil. Clear audio and high VDI. The V3 seems particularly good on "edge" coins......

I have read several reports now about deep coins on edge.

That the machine would find coins on edge that other miss wasnt a surprise but 7 and 8 inches is pretty good for coins on edge.

That alone is a buy it reminder....

I now have several reminders... lol...

Bjorn,

Bad news I'm afraid - no trip to Norway for me this year. Darn job has made a mess of my summer - but I guess I'd better be glad to have one. Please save me a bronze dagger for next year!!!

Sorry to hear that. I have understood You was busy, havent seen You around in a while.

Maybe it will work out better next year, lets hope so. Things are the same here, had to work one of my weeks off too.

Lets see if we can plan something good when You finally have time to go.

Regards.

Bjorn