Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 and Relic hunting

Eu_citzen

I'm curious, how does the V handle iron contaminated ground?

Many historic sites here are full of iron, the DFX can't be used there hardly at all.
Either (almost) constant silence or (almost) constant beeping depending on disc level.
Small coil isn't even thinkable, finds are way to scattered and the coil covers to little area.
My Explorer does not really have any problems on the site.

The majority is tiny iron that are scattered over the fields.

I would love to hear how it works for you.

The ability to change tones would help but how does it generally handle such conditions?

Thanks,
Eu

Eu_citzen said:
My Explorer does not really have any problems on the site.

Eu

The difference lies in that the Explorer is more prone to silent masking then the DFX...

What you dont hear and dont get bothered with just dont bother you.... LOL...

I got an Explorer myself....

Bjorn,, Norway..

<OBJECT WIDTH='320' HEIGHT='240'><PARAM NAME='movie' VALUE='http://jimpugh.myphotoalbum.com/inc/share/mpa.swf?xml_source=http://jimpugh.myphotoalbum.com/inc/share/photoxml.php%3Fset_albumName%3Dalbum03%26id%3Dpicture%26index%3D1%26whatType%3Dphoto&timeout=60&license=IUBZ89235ZM6YFSLRTO9DN6IKN49JK'></PARAM><PARAM NAME='wmode' value='transparent'></PARAM><EMBED src='http://jimpugh.myphotoalbum.com/inc/share/mpa.swf?xml_source=http://jimpugh.myphotoalbum.com/inc/share/photoxml.php%3Fset_albumName%3Dalbum03%26id%3Dpicture%26index%3D1%26whatType%3Dphoto&timeout=60&license=IUBZ89235ZM6YFSLRTO9DN6IKN49JK' WMODE='transparent' WIDTH='320' HEIGHT='240'></EMBED></OBJECT>

It is the Conductor that makes a good orchestra ...... Great...:nopity:

Maestro:please:

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Bjorn,
Wow, never thought you where (practically) my neighbour! (country wise)

Small pieces might be ignored by ground balance by the Expl. That is what I thought.

Jim,
Was all that found in one hole?! I imagine not however it sounds good.
I hope to be the owner of a V3 soon myself, they are on back order until end of May here in Europe! Holy $h!t.

I can imagine the Spectagraph is one powerful tool to find conductors close to iron?

Care to elaborate a bit more? What makes it good? Sounds, spectagraph? bla bla bla.
What do you think are the advantages so far?

I have been keeping to myself .....My finds and programs ......
I have to make myself leave My Red Heat and E-trac at home....
Do I like It .....Yes this baby grows on you .....it reminds me of breaking in a wild bronco (horse)
You get thrown off quite a bit and lot of it is stupid stuff on my part believe it or not....
And when you think you got it all down she will kick you off again....I just dust myself Off and shake my head and Say "what a Ride"
Some of the stock programs are on the hot side.......I think if you would start in common build from there you will save your self a lot of head scratchin......
The other targets where found in varying amounts of similar Iron.....I have targets coins and tokens in enuff iron to smelt up a new battleship.....I have discovered I can run high transmit with low gain 2-5 and 50 /90 AM/DISC on pre - V - 5.3 eclipse coil.....
Be warned maties its best to stay low on the gain till you get your sea Legs.....or you can do it the hard way like me....
AS Forrest Gump always said...... "That's all I got to say about that".....
Till then.......... I be'ed Learnin....:nerd:

Happy Trails
Jim

Jim,
Sounds interesting.

I have, with my DFX, found nails stuck to bottle caps...lol

Thanks for your report mate.

Anyone else who wants to chime in?:detecting:

Best Regards,
Eu