Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 in dry sand..........A 'ripper'.

TheMarshall

My mate and I have been delving into the handbook and tuning up the Whites V3, so yesterday evening it was time to take it for a serious walk-about.

The manual has a need for improvement..................

Apart from the obvious appetite for particular crown-caps, it devoured any of the lost UK coinage, across the spectrum.

What was glaringly apparent is its veracious appetite for cu-pro-nickel small 5's and 20p's, for it ripped them out.

The VDI system is very accurate and repeatable under these relatively easy conditions.

After a few hours on a short section of the beach, (whilst two other detecting interlopers also searched along side), over

WTG with the V3!!!! What do you mean Hammered coins????? glad you all had fun, I Like my Vision,
Ben Detecting 4R 21 years N iv ben waiting 4R the Vision to come out , Mickfin

mickfin said:
WTG with the V3!!!! What do you mean Hammered coins????? glad you all had fun, I Like my Vision,
Ben Detecting 4R 21 years N iv ben waiting 4R the Vision to come out , Mickfin

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Mick..........Hammered coins.....early coins created in silver and gold, by the method of embossing a disc of the metal, placed between two engraved dies, by hammering one die against the other via the disc.