Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 update

HuntinDog

I read an add for a sale of an Xp Deus that said it was the V3 version.
Has the V3 update come out yet???

HH

what add ??nothing on the UK XP forum and they would be the 1st to announce such a thing

That's what I was thinking.
or at least Mark or Joe would know.
The "ad" was by someone selling his "a few mo. old" machine and he said it was the V3 model.
So I thought I would ask just in case I missed something...

Many of us are waiting on the V3 update like a kid on Christmas morning. If it was out there would be major posts concerning it. We will all know when V3 arrives. The people in Europe will sound the warning.

How does the update work? I understand that you need to go to the website and all, but is there a fee to update your unit?

Schultzie said:
How does the update work? I understand that you need to go to the website and all, but is there a fee to update your unit?

Talking about a possible fee for the upgrade touched a raw nerve on some forums. I think at this point it's not official as to whether or not there will be a fee for the upgrade. I think that there probably will be.

Any one heard any thing else on this update? What the changes will be and when it will be out. Some one out there is testing it I am sure.

Jason

It is probably being tested in Europe, and there has probably been many changes to it through trial and error. There was an interesting thread on here a while back of what people would like to see. There was some very clever answers. And probably most will not be addressed. The rumors will continue to spread as we approach the end of the year. One thing is for sure. If the folks at XP make the Deus better we are in for one heck of a detector. Improving a bad product is easy. Improving something that is already successful is hard to do. I know there has been some talk of charging for the update. So that tells me right there that they feel they have something worth putting a price on.

january 2013 is the latest info

The charge I don't know about when you pay this much for a detector. If it was not much then maybe but still think it would hurt the sales in the future unless it was ground breaking better. Jan not to far off will be interesting for sure. Somebody keep us updated.

Jason

Nobody asked me but here's my 2 cents: Since the Deus was designed and built in Europe, I'm guessing it had European soil in mind for it's use. My guess is the V3 will make the machine more geared to the American market by tweaking the discrimination, etc. }Just sayng{

The good news.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/xpforumfr/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1034&sid=47c17aa6d444f22d43d06fc7a546dde3

Here's the BING translation:

"It's a little early to confirm the exact date, but the V3.0 should be out any late 2012 or early 2013.
You can then update your 2.0 3.0 DEUS and will thus get new functions and performance without having to buy a new machine as it's usually customary on competing products.
Download this version 3.0 should not be paid.
Do not ask me its contents I will give info when it is really complete."

Sounds good. I hope it addresses the wrap around iron.
Thanks

nice to have a faciliity where you can toggle a switch and it runs thru all the frqencies to try to discrim the target and get a bit more accuracy

I saw that ad too should not be to long think a few testers have it. CTX just got a new update no pressure Deus just saying. Can't wait to see what they come out with.

Jason