Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i 9" coil

LilMikey

I'm thinking about getting a V3i. One of the dealers I'm looking at will add a 9"
spider coil for $40. Is it worth it to have the 9" spider and the 10" D2 that the V3i
comes with or will the 9" just sit in the closet? This dealers price is the same as
everyone else's (except for the extra $40 for the 9" coil) and he claims that he has
already taken off the $100 Whites Summer Special discount. Do all dealers already
have the discount in their price? Thanks for the help.

Your best bet is call around. Never dish out money until you get the best deal . Use Finds Forum Sponsers. Some will give you a deal of a lifetime. GS

I think it would be a nice coil. Being concentric makes is good for salt water, and it should be very stable. I'd get it for the $40. It's actually a 950 coil, packaged differently.

Ask him for the 6x10 for $40, especially if you hunt in areas with moderate trash.

I use the 9" for hunting swimming beaches and shallow water and it is $100 off retail. Concentric coils work best for this. If you will be hunting old lots and trashy areas try for a 4x6 or 6x10 deal.

If those 2 coils are your only options I would spring 40 bucks and get both, however if you could talk him into a smaller coil like the 5.3 or something similar to complement the D2, you would have a much more rounded arsenal of coils.

Gandorf said:
If those 2 coils are your only options I would spring 40 bucks and get both, however if you could talk him into a smaller coil like the 5.3 or something similar to complement the D2, you would have a much more rounded arsenal of coils.

The 9" was the only option to get a cheap price. He must have got a deal from Whites. The V3i and the extra coil came directly from Whites so I feel sure the 9" is new and not
a refurb (do they even rework coils?).

LilMikey said:
Gandorf said:

The 9" was the only option to get a cheap price. He must have got a deal from Whites. The V3i and the extra coil came directly from Whites so I feel sure the 9" is new and not
a refurb (do they even rework coils?).

Yes the can repair certain coils. I was told by the factory they do open the 4x6 to make repairs and adjustments. If it is coming from the factory you are good to go.

LilMikey said:
I'm thinking about getting a V3i. One of the dealers I'm looking at will add a 9"
spider coil for $40. Is it worth it to have the 9" spider and the 10" D2 that the V3i
comes with or will the 9" just sit in the closet? This dealers price is the same as
everyone else's (except for the extra $40 for the 9" coil) and he claims that he has
already taken off the $100 Whites Summer Special discount. Do all dealers already
have the discount in their price? Thanks for the help.

If your paying MAP price on the V3I, then it's not a very good deal..... I've ran the 9 inch spider coil on the v3I.

It made the V3i really light weight, and as with all concentric coils you will get dead on pinpointing and you will never dig a steel bottle cap.

I hated the stock D2 Coil traded it off quick. I now have several coils. These are must haves 4X6, 6X10, and the I use 99% of the time is the Detech 10X12.

I have the Concentric but really never use it.

I myself believe the 9" coil is overlooked as a go to coil.
It weighs 9 oz and pinpoints right on the money.
Good Separation
Compares in depth to the 950 but the weight tradeoff is a no brainer..
Love mine and use it when I'm in an area that I can . IMHO