Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Advanced Users Guide

ldhrelics

Anyone know why the Advanced Users guide refers to Chapter XX throughout this manual?. The copy I have only has 7 chapters.

The author, I believe it was Carl Moreland, never finished this one as it was the time when he left White's. So I think those X's were referent points which become more specific when all was done, what never happened. That was one problem with White's. The remaining staff never felt respnsible for the job of colleagues who left the company.

The author, I believe it was Carl Moreland, never finished this one as it was the time when he left White's. So I think those X's were referent points which become more specific when all was done, what never happened. That was one problem with White's. The remaining staff never felt respnsible for the job of colleagues who left the company.
Thanks

In Chapter 7 it references XX? The first mention is on 2-4 of the Advanced Manual. There are (16) sixteen times using ctrl F to locate the XX. In the Advanced Manual.
In the last of the 16: The Keyboard Editor is also used in Program file operations, covered in Chapter XX. We will refer back to this section on how to use the Editor.
I enjoy using the feature ctrl in the Manuals both the spectra, and the advanced.
I appreciate the mention of the XX. All I can deduce there are no Chapter XX in either of the manuals?

Thanks!

Yes, I wrote the V3 Advanced User Guide, largely on my own time. It actually wasn't an advanced guide at all, it's what the V3 User Manual should have been from the start. Anyway, I only got about halfway done with it. The "XX" does not refer to a literal "Chapter XX" but rather some future chapter (e.g., Chapter 8 or 9 or 10) that I had not yet written. After leaving White's I toyed around with finishing the project and releasing it as a book but lost interest.

Yes, I wrote the V3 Advanced User Guide, largely on my own time. It actually wasn't an advanced guide at all, it's what the V3 User Manual should have been from the start. Anyway, I only got about halfway done with it. The "XX" does not refer to a literal "Chapter XX" but rather some future chapter (e.g., Chapter 8 or 9 or 10) that I had not yet written. After leaving White's I toyed around with finishing the project and releasing it as a book but lost interest.
The White's Spectra V3i is an awesome metal detector. I believe it will teach metal detecting as good as any metal detector.
I also own the Equinox 800. I thought it would compliment the V3i as well as any.
I will never sell any of my metal detectors.
I am trying to get all the information I can on the 'wrap around' mentioned in their manuals.
Thank you for posting!

Leatherneck

Semper fi

Hi Carl, Hope all is Well, Would have been Nice if you were able to finish your V3i Advance User Guide. I for one would hope you think a bout finishing it . I won’t speak for anyone else but I would Gladly pay for a New Revise Version of it. So Please give it some thought. Good Luck on your New ventures and HH, Don