Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i and AutoTrack Update

MSG Hoff

If you read about my recent relic hunt in Virginia you know that I had problems with the AutoTrack and hot ground. On one of my last posts I stated that I did not have this problem before the "i" upgrade. I contacted White's today via email with Todd Marshall and this is what I found out:

Hello White's,

Could you please see that Todd Marshall reads this email.

I spoke with Todd last week about an issue I was having with the V3i AutoTrack in extreme mineralized ground in Fauquier County, Virginia. The problem was that I had to re-ground balance the detector every time I dug or checked the hole or plug. I thought the AutoTrack circuit was going bad so switched to LockTrack and was fine from there on.

Todd informed that he had the same problem with his V3i and that engineering stated that you should switch to LockTrack in these ground conditions.

What I forgot to tell Todd was that I hunted this exact same location last September BEFORE the "i" upgrade and never had to switch to LockTrack. It worked fine in AutoTrack and I got excellent depth with it.

My Vision was sent in for the volume upgrade and that was the only upgrade until the "i" upgrade.

My Vision SN: 9065-3198-xxx

Thanks,

J.R.

Thank you for e-mailing us at Whites Electronics

Hi J.R.

The tracking was slowed down a little to help with better identify targets. This may be why you are seeing it more.

Sincerely

Todd

Hi Todd,

Is this a setting that I can change or is it something embedded?

J.R.

Hi J.R.

It

We discussed the problem earlier when Magic was having the problem. We noted that not everyone was having the problem, I suppose because everyone didn't have the same ground. I knew the tracking had been slowed but wasn't sure it was causing problems for some people. I haven't seen it here in Illinois.

Thanks for the post, good to know from Whites.[attachment 191840 ani_einstein.gif]

I also had problems with the AutoTrack. It is even more noticeable when the RX and sensitivity are run high, which is nearly always for me.

I never use the AutoTrack feature. I find that my ground conditions are fairly stable when detecting a single site. When I change areas (for example from field to woods) a quick ground balance is all it takes to lock it in.

Neil in West Jersey said:
I also had problems with the AutoTrack. It is even more noticeable when the RX and sensitivity are run high, which is nearly always for me.

I never use the AutoTrack feature. I find that my ground conditions are fairly stable when detecting a single site. When I change areas (for example from field to woods) a quick ground balance is all it takes to lock it in.

This "to use or not to use autotrack" has been around since "auto" was first implemented in the industry. No one right way to do things is still the case but in tough ground especially.....learn manual.