Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i and nails / trash - need settings recomendations.

broevol

I have been hitting an area that has a mix of iron/nails/trash, trying to pull out silver coin. All the good coins and trash is about 6" deep and I have pulled out a lot of coins, some being masked, and some not. I have been running a custom hi pro program and rejecting -99 to -30 or so and then using custom tones for the rest. RX at 15, Disc and All metal in the 80s. BCR off, 3 freq - best data, Recovery speed in the 80s (swinging sloooowly).

What tweeks can I make to be able to pull out the silver that is being masked? Depth isnt a big issue..just need to get down 6-7" at the most.

Thanks,
Darin

Might try turning your Rx gain down to 5 or 6, the Discrimination sensitivity to 80 to 90 and then the Recovery delay to around 45 to 50. I have used this in some trashy areas with some success. Good luck on your site and hope you pull out some good targets.

rcsnake

Might all so try stereo mixed mode with it for even more separation. Some thing I use in farm fields with iron .Yazoo

More or less echoing what has been said above:

If you only need to get down 6" then you don't need to blast the RX. You would be much better served up your Disc to 90-92 (as long as it is stable) and inch the rx up from 4-8 again keeping it stable. Then knock that recovery way down (probably 40-50). Best thing to do wit recovery is bury a good target at 6" and swing at your normal speed. Start with the disc low and move the number up until you get a solid hit instead of a clipped chirp from your target.

Also, if you are swinging slow you probable want to make sure you are using 5-band pass as your filter.