Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

v3i and salty sea air

Dirtyray

Ill be on the east coast later this year how many folks here use the v3i on the beach ? And what about the salt and it rusting your machine up ?Thanks and HH

I use a V3i ( as well as a TDI, and a DFX with a bigfoot coil ) on South Carolina/ Georgia beaches and always use a 2 gallon ziplock freezer bag to cover the control box, and clear packaging tape to seal the bag up. To change the battery pack, I use scissors to cut an H over the battery door, then reseal with clear packaging tape. My old Quantum 2 got a little rusted up from being used on the beach without a protective wrap, so I do not take any chances now.
I hope this helps!
BTW, The beaches that I hunt are still pretty sanded in. Bring a PI with you if you have one.

Beaches are the same in NE Florida, and during the past three weeks I have actually watched the sand pile up. On one of the small beaches, its been hard to even find trash. lol