Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i and TRX not working well together

Trance

I just got a new TRX and took it out this morning with my V3i. My V3i was running smooth until I started digging the first target. It started making all kinds of noises like I set it down close to a metal pole. Wasn't sure what the problem was until about the third target when I realized it was only happening when I turned the TRX on. Has anyone else had this problem?

To get around this you can hit the menu button, which will temporarily shut off the coil. When you finish with the target, squeeze and release the trigger to reactivate the coil. I do this every time I dig a target.

I'm it the habit of hitting menu as well so that the v pauses ground tracking . If u set the machine down over a target with tracking on ,when u start hunting again the gb will be out

Very good info. I never thought about hitting menu during a dig. I would always just rebalance.
This will save a lot of time !! Thanks !!

The coil is still radiating even in menu-selection. I use the menu trick to preserve the GB. You might still get cross talk with the TRX though.