Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3I best coil for trashy areas

guy.sparks

I hunt a lot of trashy areas with the stock 10" dd and the 13" Detech. Finding it really tough to use either one of these in trashy conditions and it is sometimes impossible to find a place to ground balance! . Which smaller coil is going to be the best for target ID, separation, and depth? I don't mind sacrificing for accuracy if needed. There are LOTS of opinions out there!!!!??

I use the Eclipse Shooter "DD" (4x6) Search Coil for Spectra V3i, provides superior performance in extreme ground, better sensitivity to physically smaller metal targets, performance in extreme trash and physically smaller foot print for working around obstacles. Longer but narrower detection window compared to similar sized search coils. Finds the good stuff in areas heavily littered with trash. 4X6 V3i DD

Howdy guy.sparks--

I agree with namron13. The 4x6 is a great little coil for trashy sites. When I hunt vacant lots and old home sites, I always take that coil with me. I also take the 6x10 coil if I need more depth. With those two coils, I believe I have the answer for almost any trashy site. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks for the input guys. Think I'll give the 4x6 a SHOT!! should make it easier to find a place to GB also

Howdy guy.sparks--

Here is a tip: When you get your 4x6, re-hunt the sites that you have previously hunted with your D2 and 13" Ultimate. You will be surprised at what you and others have missed. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I agree that the Shooter is a great choice in extreme trash.

I've found that a faster Recovery Delay helps as well. I normally set mine at 45 to 35 in trashy sites with this coil - and swing very slowly.:thumbup:

It proved to be very good.
It allows you to make a quick swing. I'm selling on ebay this coil. Your friends in the United States very much appreciated.
Please take a look here ...http://www.ebay.com/itm/301878125939?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
and ; youtube/EDPNlHU7BFY
I want to hunters are not distracted by extraneous sounds.
This coil is 50% less responsive to the soil, but is very sensitive to metal.