Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3I buy or not to buy??

Metal7

HI, this is my first post and I have been detecting for a couple years. I had a nokta golden sense, 2 blisstools, Tesoro sand shark, vaquero and makro gold racer. I am looking at the whites V3i, or eTrac. I know the forums are full of these questions and I don't want to make anyone mad here. I like to relic, coin, and beach hunt. does the V3i do these Great or should I buy another detector. I don't mind learning the machine. Just looking for a great all around machine that I can grow with as well. Any known problems with the V3I? Would you buy it again or recommend something else. Thanks:)

ive had two of them. now have an equinox 800 and an mxt all pro

I have used v3i's for years and love using them. I have thought a few times I could get along without one and would sell it only to buy another one. They are very good. I have had many other whites over the years and all have been good. I also have an Etrac that is a great machine and in the past had a 3030 and others. I think if your willing to get to know either machine you would like them both are very capable!!

I really like my V3i. It's my main detector, although I also have a few other detectors I rotate through now and again. The V3i is the most sophisticated detector ever made. It's a dream come true for a detectorist who also likes to tinker and learn detectors since so many things are adjustable on the V3i that aren't on other detectors. Put in the time to learn it well, and it'll do you well.

i really liked the color display, and the polar plot function. the two i had were really nice. if they come out with a water proof version i may just buy another

I own a White's Spectra V3i, and realize it has a high learning curve! I will learn this machine! I will never get rid of it! I feel that to give up on it, would be to admit I am a quitter. The machine has so much to teach one that wants to learn the hobby! I will undoubtedly purchase another metal detector, and with technology, and competition becoming fierce I will have an advantage in deciding what one would compliment the V3i in having an additional detector.

Knowing the VX3 went out of production and the V3 will follow soon (depending on the electronic parts situation to build the Spectra series)
and you're really interested in this state-of-the-art detector my advice is "GO" for one.