Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i came in - I went out :twodetecting:

ArnieTX

First I must preface this by saying this is a brand new V3i and it acted much different than the one I had traded my Etrac for last year. It seemed a lot more stable. I still think the previous one had issues.

After UPS dropped it off at ~ 4pm, I only intended to play in my coin garden. However, I couldn't stand it and decided to go relic hunting. I arrived at my site, put it in relic mode, adjusted the rx gain to 11, ac to 75 and Disc to 87, GB'd and went hunting.

Observations:
- This thing is super sensitive to tiny lead. I found small led buckshot and other lead bullets that had been shot. Really small lead that was hard to find once out of the hole.
- When it calls out foil, it's foil. That's pretty handy since this area has a lot of foil that's been shredded over the years.
- I only dug two pieces if iron that sounded good but they were 7" down. I dug a lot of this type of iron with Etrac too.
- My Garrett pinpointer is useless around it. Just drives each other crazy. I need to figure that out. Maybe it's just a freq adjustment in the V.

Overall the machine seemed to work smooth. I dug around 20 targets and I'm happy with the first time out.

I put in the time to get really good with the Etrac, I'll do the same with this one. I look forward to comparing the two side by side when I'm competent.

Stay tuned.

Congrats on the V3i Ernie, I look forward to hearing your comparison with the Etrac. I had an Etrac for two years and sold it and got a MXT and Tejon for simplicity. Now I have been thinking of the Etrac or the V3i again. :cheers:

Hi Arnie. Great you are happy with your new V3i. As you stated your last one may have had issues !! With regard to your Garrett pro pointer and V3i having a "war" just press the menu button before pinpointing then when resuming your detecting pull the trigger to go back into search mode.

Thanks for the tip on the PP.