Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3I Coil

I'm new to the forum, so sorry if this has been discussed already. I am swinging a V3I with the factory coil and am wondering what would be the best coil to upgrade to (if any). I am looking for more stable, more depth and less interference while using all three frequencies. I have had this machine for about a year and half and have a decent understanding of the general features, but know very little about different coils and their compatibility with this power house. Thanks in advance.

That's the best one for depth and stability that White's sells. You can use a smaller coil but will get less maximum depth. The 12" concentric might get you a little more depth but you will lose coverage at depth. The 12" will be less susceptable to EMI but and only if your soil is mild enough.

For a 3th party coil check out the SEF 10x12 review in the links post.

I have a wide variety of coils for my V3i. While your needs are not pointing at the smaller coils, I really enjoy using my 4x6 and 6x10 shooters in trashy areas. In my opinion it is well worth the investment to have a shooter type coil in the bag. I also have the 12 Super coil and enjoy using it as well.

A benefit of the V3i is the wide range of quality reasonably priced coils available.

HH
Robert

All this is in the links post.

[attachment 282141 ScreenHunter_123Jan.1111.59.jpg]
Concentric Coils
Can get good targets under bad targets because of their cone shaped field
They are 10% quieter regarding magnetic interference from power lines
They have 10% better trash discrimination on iron - steel bottle caps and foil
They can shape the target without walking around it
They pin point accurately

Wide Scan Loops (DD) like the 6x10 have the following advantages:
They have better side by side target separation.
They are more sensitive to smaller than coin size targets.
They are more sensitive off the tip area of the coil.
They smooth out the ground reactivity noise by 10%

The 4x6 is not a depth coil.

I do not know the max depth attainable by the 4x6 or the 6x10 but I do know that in some places I hunt they make a giant difference in their ability to allow me to separate out the trash. Places like heavily littered parks, torn down houses as well as tight spots are all places in which the smaller coils excel.

HH
Robert

[size=large]All the coils have their uses. it's the type of hunting you are going to likely do that you want to get the right coils for. It's how versitile and rich you are that set your limits.

HH[/size]

Hmmmmmm been thinking about the 6x10 , I like the 4x6 alot, the 6x10 would be a nice tweener coil. I nicknamed my 4x6 the ferret. And the 10dd the scalpel. Ha ha

I have them all but favor the 5 X 10 and the 4 X 6 in trashy sites.
Don