Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Depth for newbies

pulltabMiner

Here's where I am at with depth on the V3i:

I hunt with the standard C&J program. I see targets from 0-6 inches mostly.

I up my RX, AM, and DISC and I occasionally see 7

I switch to single frequency (7.5KHz) and i begin to see more 7 and some 8 and 9 inch readings

I turn on TX Boost and now I get to the 10's and 11's

This is the quickest way I know so far to increase depth.

I find that 7.5 works great for me also. The 2.5 is just to noisy with falsing. I cant wait for the next generation.

burlbark said:
I find that 7.5 works great for me also. The 2.5 is just to noisy with falsing. I cant wait for the next generation.

Falsing from too high of sensitivity or from ground conditions?

BHNugget said:
burlbark said:

Falsing from too high of sensitivity or from ground conditions?

I have some dirt in my nails..... My yard consists of a layer of rust on top followed by a light sprinkling of dirt over a crustated homogeneous blob of melted slag and iron. The etrac in some locations is impossible to use, it is really bad here. I have found nearly a dozen axe heads and enough cast iron to build a locomotive.

The library C&J program runs with the 10 Band ground filter, try the 5 Band or the 7.5 Band. The 5 Band gives me better depth where i live.

if you drop your filter selection make sure you slow your swing speed down. at least that is what works for me..

I run Magics program and use 3 frequency. I routinely get 8-9 inches, down to a dime sized target, regardless of its orientation in the ground. This program also uses 5 band filter. Switching to single frequency(for me 7.5 or 2.5, most areas I hunt either works fine)I can gain another inch in depth. I have Transmit Boost in my live controls, but only use it to check iffy but suspected good targets due to battery drain.I have on occasion broken into the 11 inch range on dime targets but soil moisture, coin orientation in the ground, EMI, ground mineralization all have to be ideal. Running with Transmit Boost on all the time might have increased my 11 inch finds but I would rather have the hunt longevity to go all day.

A typical hunt for me is 8 hours or more at a time.

Hi Corvair, good to see you post. This is one situation when the Li- ion battery would work. If you want to hunt with boost and go 8 hrs.

As some said.....Ground is the signal most important element in hunting and then maybe Emi. If your ground is bad....so will be your depth of targets.