Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i first silver finds for me

Tony N (Michigan)

I recently acquired a hardly used V3i. I took it to the park yesterday in 35 degree weather wearing sandals.

Took the V3i out for the first time Saturday. In 1968 there were two types of Canadian quarters.
1968a was composed of .500 silver and .500 copper. 1968b was composed of .999 nickel. I'm pretty sure, just by the look, this one is silver.

The Merc was not that deep, maybe 5 to 6 inches. I was getting the weirdest sounds and numbers.
All I can figure is the coin was on edge or there was some trash nearby. No trash in the hole though.

I was detecting in High Pro. My sens was up to 90, Gain up to around 10, stock coil.
Even dug a fishing lure in the park. LOL. Nothing like dirt fishing. :)
Nice silver medallion. Not sure about the old car pin. It used to have a pin on the back.

In all, I had a fun time with my new to me V3i.
Thanks for looking.
Isn't detecting fun? Or is that a dumb question?:)

nice finds Tony. sounds like your liking your v3i. don't be afraid to try the relic mode too. for some reason most of my deep coins have been found using that mode on 5 band pass. it can get a little noisy though if its a trashy area. good luck

john67 said:
nice finds Tony. sounds like your liking your v3i. don't be afraid to try the relic mode too. for some reason most of my deep coins have been found using that mode on 5 band pass. it can get a little noisy though if its a trashy area. good luck

Thanks for the tip, John. I was just using the High Pro mode. I may have overcranked it but it wasn't giving false signals. I'll try the Relic mode next.

Anyway, do you have any idea why the Mercury was giving such weird hits? I almost didn't dig it.

Nice finds Tony glad you are enjoying your machine looks like you found some porcelain from Boyd’s I also found one that broke in three places as mine was deep.

Explorer.se said:
Nice finds Tony glad you are enjoying your machine looks like you found some porcelain from Boyd’s I also found one that broke in three places as mine was deep.

About how old is the porcelain from Boyd's? Mine was broken prior to digging it.

Tony N (Michigan) said:
Explorer.se said:

About how old is the porcelain from Boyd's? Mine was broken prior to digging it.

Around 1910ish I believe in that neighborhood. Nice finds Tony!