Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i, Funny Story from Yesturday.

nalc472

An old house was tosarn town on the main drag of my town. I saw the owner building a new garage on the property and asked him if i could detect. He said ok. I was detecting and some neigbor mean man yells over to me " there is nothing over there becuase it has been detected many times and cleaned out." I workd only half the hard with a 4x6 dsd due to heavy trash for about 2 hours The neigbor man did not know apprently how good a V3i is. The cleaned out lot gave me 7 clad quarters, 4 clad dimes, 11 memoral pennies, 2 nickthels and my first wheat (1951) penny. Also, a 1950 Cap gun, 3 hot whetsels, and a Stom king lighter.The neigbor was not outside after I was done but I wanted to show him that at least now the front yard is cleaned out thanks to the V3i's ability to clean out the trashy "cleaned out" yards. I have found 65 coins as shown below with only 12 tours of detecting with my new V3I. Every time out I get more and more coins per hour and new finds also. Thouht this story would humor and motivate.

Congratulations for finding your first wheatie and the old toys ... you are doing great. Never buy the "worked out" advice. I found my first gold ring at a place that I was told was worked out.

Bob

I got a 1909 vdb penny today, not in good shape but the best find I have ever had. I sure wish it was 1909 vdb S...lol

nice

Wow, I would freak out seeing the 1909 and looks for the 2 vdb. great find

Went back yesturday to same yard. Put my 4x6 dd in single 22.5 freq (t boost on rx 11) and pulled another 41 coins in the same area. I found 2 more wheat penies no silver. Going back again since I found a toal of 60 coins just in half the yard. it is a small lot. I am going to put back on my 10 dd and put it on 2.5 and max the signal. In the 3 freq it would only go to rx 10 with tx boost on. Found 106 coins so far this year with 17 hours of work.

Howdy nalc472--

That IS a funny story! I guess that the lesson is to never be afraid to hunt an area that is said to be "hunted out"! Here is a funny story for you: Years back, I was detecting a site with my hunting buddy Burleson James. He had just dug a 1916 merc and excited he came over to me to show it (no it was not the D mint 1916:veryangry:). He then wandered to another area to hunt. So I worked my way over to where he dug the merc and I saw his filled in hole. I swung my coil over his hole and got an 85-86 reading on my SL89 and dug a nice 1947 Washington quarter. After 25 years, I still tease him about the importance of rechecking his hole hahahhah. Keep up the good work nalc472 but most of all have fun! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel