Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Help

West side of the state here... how long have you had the V? Stay with factory programs until you learn it is the best advice I can give... Oh and you might want to be packing heat if detecting in Metro Detroit !

Hey bud, I have had it for just a few months, I upgraded from the M-6. Some of the main problems that I am having is all of the noise that it makes, it seems very unstable everywhere I go with it. I tried turning up the sensitivity and adjusting some things but when I make a change, nothing at all changes with the way the detector is acting. I only stay with factory programs for now, but for example, if I try to use the deep silver program the machine makes noises unlike I have heard with other detectors, almost the same with high pro but not as bad. The only program that seems to behave similar to the m-6 is the coin and jewelry but I cant eliminate basic trash and iron like I could with the m-6.... Have you mastered your v3?

Sounds like you are having lots of EMI probs,seeing as how it works better in C&J. To disc out unwanted targets and make it quieter you might want to go to audio then tones then custom and set the tones of offending targets to a VDI of your choosing .) if you want it totally quiet set them to zero .If you are new to using the machine as it sounds this program can help you. If you can find it on here try Magics program, it is a variation that alot of us use. I think you will like it better. If you cant find it PM me and I will send you a copy of my program and my phone # to help you get though yr machine. Good Luck
Yazoo

MichiganTreasureHunter said:
I tried turning up the sensitivity and adjusting some things but when I make a change, nothing at all changes with the way the detector is acting.

Try turning down the sensitivity till the detector quiets down. You'll be surprised you wont lose much depth and your finds will get better.You can also experiment hunting in pin point mode when you get a target release the trigger and check it.

I will give that a try, tyvm. I had it out for about one hour yesterday and I noticed that if I bumped the ground my threshold tone would skip a beat, so I lifted the detector in the air and tapped the coil and each time I would tap it the tone would cut out, any ideas?

Try another coil if you got one . When tapping you didnt have a watch or ring on? You are getting a good clean ground balance ,trigger pulled reading of 13-0 zero best then pump till quiet.Try holding it in air and crank it up to 15. IF Erratic and cant touch it coil might be bad. Give Whites in Oregon a call and Talk to Mary. You may have bad coil, also what coil are you using?
Yazoo

As Yazoo said sounds like a shield wire is loose in the coil.

Hey bud, I have had it for just a few months, I upgraded from the M-6. Some of the main problems that I am having is all of the noise that it makes, it seems very unstable everywhere I go with it. I tried turning up the sensitivity and adjusting some things but when I make a change, nothing at all changes with the way the detector is acting. I only stay with factory programs for now, but for example, if I try to use the deep silver program the machine makes noises unlike I have heard with other detectors, almost the same with high pro but not as bad. The only program that seems to behave similar to the m-6 is the coin and jewelry but I cant eliminate basic trash and iron like I could with the m-6.... Have you mastered your v3?
Michigan. Did you make any ground balance? Do you know how to do this? If you are on the LOCKTRACK on it is impossible to have ground balance if you still changing sites even, so it is makes the detector to act like this and may be worst. So you have to ground balance by your self. Now if you change it to AUTOTRACK on my opinion it is going to be better. Try this if you didn't. Please let us know what did you do.

I checked and it is on auto track. It seems that no matter what I do this detector just wants to make a bunch of noise. I am so frustrated right now :(
We have all been where your at. You have to determine if it's the coil or EMI. If you raise the coil in the air and turn the gain all the way up does the coil overload?

I just tried that in the coin ad jewelry mode and it did not overload but then I shook it a little and the threshold tone was cutting out and I did get overload for a quick second

Bad coil. Without wanted to be the one who asks that much, I wonder why we should n't have somebody with technical knowledge on the v3is detectors in forum?

Hey Cypearl, I think if You read the threads there was some good tec info.Had to figure if it was emi Or coil or what reread and you will find it was tec questioned out. Yazoo

yazoo said:
Hey Cypearl, I think if You read the threads there was some good tec info.Had to figure if it was emi Or coil or what reread and you will find it was tec questioned out. Yazoo
Alright then, cause I thought we should have one anyway. Are you a technician?:confused:

Dont think it was needing a brain surgion for MTH's prob we all were trouble shooting and you come on like the know it all after the fact Dude. As far as a Tech I am not. But I have had A Vision -V3i since March of the year they came out and do know my machine quite well for my area of the country. As for techs we do have those Rob and Larry are first in line to help out then Andreak clarifies things And Carl comes in with his wisdom . The last 2 both are part of the Whites team . The other to do testing for Whites. Maybe You should read a little more before you jump to far .Dont mean to come on to strong but some people should READ a little before telling all that are helping out that a Tech is needed. Nuff Said!! Yazoo

yazoo said:
Dont think it was needing a brain surgion for MTH's prob we all were trouble shooting and you come on like the know it all after the fact Dude. As far as a Tech I am not. But I have had A Vision -V3i since March of the year they came out and do know my machine quite well for my area of the country. As for techs we do have those Rob and Larry are first in line to help out then Andreak clarifies things And Carl comes in with his wisdom . The last 2 both are part of the Whites team . The other to do testing for Whites. Maybe You should read a little more before you jump to far .Dont mean to come on to strong but some people should READ a little before telling all that are helping out that a Tech is needed. Nuff Said!! Yazoo

Sooo, you're saying you aren't a tech. ? :lmfao: My thoughts exactly yazoo.. Great info. here and very knowledgeable people on this forum, whether they are deemed "techy" or not! The forum search feature is also a very valuable tool for trouble shooting if an answer isn't given right away as more than likely others have had similar issues in the past.

yazoo said:
So the fact that matters you is that because i just answer to people to help? I answer to people cause i need help also dude, so you better read what i am saying first. I never asked for a tech anyway.