Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

v3i in iron ore soil..?

ecoast

I am considering a v3i; I am concerned about using in my loal area.

The immediate area has a number of mid-1700's mines/furnaces; some were used to supply G Washington as he came through here.
I amcurrently using an ATP that will GB @ 95-96 in this soil, but I do not know how mineralized it is by % .

I am wondering how this machine will do in this soil type, and also wondering if it will help w/iron masking as some of the old/razed homesites I am hitting are full of metal/iron/nails, and am curious as to how well it will function with regard to tatget separation or depth?

I am liking all the features/adjustability, but see a lot of folk moving away rom v3i due to complexity, bad coils, lack of depth/performance...I have seen ALL the vids!

Considering the v3i, deus, etrac but keep dead-ending due to analysis paralysis!
Cannot seem to find anyone in my area using any of them, or I'd pm and try to get out to see...

...feel free to pm if you have any brand specific advice, please.

I'll give the PA guys a chance to answer first, we have several on the forum.

Glad you got an answer over there. I don't try to give advice on buying, after all what would you expect me to say. If you asked how to set it that's different.

I was just looking for users that run this machine in high iron ore content soil...

No help over there yet iether *sigh*

I hunt in Illinois and we have very high iron in our soil. You should see our water. I have no trouble contending wth the minerals.

Read the hunting in mineralized link in my links at the top of the page, then ask specific questions.

V3i its great with iron once your Ground balanced. I think you will like the way the detector reacts with its discrimination. Running 3 frequencies together it is a great option. I have the V3i for a year or so now and I always prefer it when I am going for hunting. Hope this helps you.

well, I've got one in the pipeline; on it's way too get growed up from a V3 to a V3i at Miss Mary in Sweet Home.

looking forward...

They will take care of you and you will basically have a new unit. Did you check the pads on the headphones?

Rob (IL) said:
They will take care of you and you will basically have a new unit. Did you check the pads on the headphones?

The seller is shipping direct to Sweet Home (I hope!) and as such, I have never even seen the unit...yes I'm a *little* nervous; but still feel most folk can be trusted.

I sent him his check, White's check, and the upgrade certificate with a note aking to check coils, hf's, etc...so they will have it all.

...I can't hardly stand the wait !!! lol

That's how I got my V3i by getting the upgrade after doing some horse trading for a Vision. If the head wireless headphones are included they will replace the pads as this also part of the upgrade.

I am in East PA Iron 96 about 40% I have only been out a few time due to weather till it warms up. I still have to say, I love this machine. I have only dug some jucnk so far, a clad quarter at about 6-7" a brass key at 5. Signals everywhere compared to other machines. I prefer to disc as all metal is too noisy for me in these trashy areas. The v3I seems to pick up the tinyest stuff deep, so I have no doubt I will find some goodies.