Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3I is a "Depth Demon"

That was a very good vid Bradley...

You have found the same thing I have found and have confirmed over and over again...

Disc sensitivity is way more important for depth then RX gain
Filter at 5 opens alot more depth potential too atleast here with me.

I have a rather strange story... involving RX gain...
One day when I was having trouble with EMI I was at 7-8 on the RX and had 85 dc and 60 ac.

What was a very good solution was to drop the RX to 2... and turn on Boost..
Boost worked in that EMI with low gain but not high gain alone...and I dont think I had any depth loss either.

I think that has to do with the TX boost is in the transmit channel and not in the recieving channel.

Might be the site where I was but I would like several trying that..to confirm it.

Definately! The adjustablility is what makes the V so great.

bfodnes you are correct about the TX. Two situations to run TX are;

TX Boost
1) Mild ground where I can generally run the RX gain up to 15, AND where there are very few targets. That is, a hunted out area where I really want to punch deeper.

2) Where RF noise is limiting the RX gain I can run. In this case, TX boost can be switched on and you should be able to use a lower RX gain without loss of depth.

Good INFO thanks, Mickfin