Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i is incredible

NormS

First of all I am so thankful for this forum. There is so much information here my mind is buzzing. I went all the way back to when the V3i 1st came out to see what others were saying and to see if they struggled at 1st. I didn't want to be the only dummy. I am so glad i bought the V3i even though it will cost me a cpl grand for what I have to spend on my wife, but a happy woman makes a happy man.

I took my new V3i a cpl times since the snow melted. I just had to try it in real time. I wasn't to successful the two times I took it out but wasn't expecting much. I only found $7.90 in the two days i took it out but I know there is a lot more there. This area is about 60 acres and I had only covered maybe 10 acres with my ATP and consistently had $8 to $12 per day. Anyway i was overwhelmed the 1st day and the more I tried the more I screwed things up. I will say I am amazed at the depth i was finding coins. Most were 6"-8" deep. I rarely dug an 8" target with my ATP because more than 99% of the time it was trash unless I was relic hunting on an old homestead. I have read about everything i could read and watch countless videos on the V3i but until I used it none of it meant anything. I read Robs links this morning and there is a wealth of info there.

This morning I was reading and watching videos and after each thing i read i went to my detector learned a bit more. So I went out and reset everything today and started from scratch. After learning how to ground balance correctly knowing the mineralization of my soil helps. I set my accept and reject vdi's and adjusted the tones to some degree. I have a long way to go in but I now feel confident that I can go out this afternoon do much better. After all the reading and videos the quick start guide now makes a lot more sense to me.

The V3i has so many possibilities and when I know how to tune it to my style of hunting and what i hunt for I know the rewards are endless. I did as well with my ATP as guy did with his eTrac and another guy with his CTX3030 so I can't wait to learn this one. I will say I am pretty confident I am as good as anyone with my ATP.

Hopefully i will learn my V3i well enough to add some input to this forum in the future.

I am glad you are doiing so well. Practice is the main thing to do. Keep up the good work and glad we can help.

It was cold as heck out yesterday more due to wind more than anything so I tried some settings in the coins and jewelry mode and had great success. I was only out for about 20 minutes and I dug $5.15 in clad and only hit one piece of foil buried about 9" and was no bigger than 1/4" in diameter. I still can't get over the depth. A quarter at 8" rings like it is at 2". I only found one quarter at less than 6" yesterday. Even when I pin point I have noticed the targets seem to be about 4" - 5" off center from the coil but I will figure that out after I master a few more things. This thing is amazing. I knew this field had a lot more to offer and as it turns out it does. I am going to use standard menus until I understand the different settings better. Like I have said I don't do test gardens or anything like that I like real time. I am working on target tones next then I will expand to other settings. The more I read and watch the more user friendly I am finding this detector to be. I did over $400 with my ATP last year in about 4 months of steady detecting. In Oct and Nov alone i found over $220. I have no major projects going on this year so hopefully I can get in a good solid 8 months of 2 - 5 hours per day detecting. I won't make any predictions but I can see a banner year ahead.
The more I play with the V3i the more excited I am getting.

Like they say there is no better way to learn than real time experience.

This is the best no nonsense forum I have found on the Internet.

Just started using mine WOW I have gone deeper than my other machines , not that they where bad units but man it well take me a few years to play with this puppy.no telling what I well fine have not took it off the factory setting yet.

Yep a very chatty machine it misses nothing. I turned the vco on for pinpointing and sometimes toggle the trigger to shrink the target and pinpointing was a new world for me. Just got my v3i a little while ago looks like I am going to need to scorch the whole county one last time.

Take your time and enjoy the journey, the V3i is a true joy to hunt with.

One of the best machines out there I love mine and hope to get out soon as soon as a ton of snow melts and the temps improve a lot.
Don