Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i officially Found Nothing

daddyflea

Went out yesterday and decided to pick up a 10 year old boy that got a Metal detector for Christmas. He had kind of lost interest in it. He got a Bounty Hunter of some sort and the first thing I did was test it. I found that it picked up all the Coins. Since I had been asked to look for a lost Cross at a Fair, we went to the Fair Grounds. I knew there would be some good fresh drops. The Cross was found before I got there, so we hunted for some fresh drops.

My V3i got quite a few hits but I was never real sure where they were. The Boy came over with his Bounty Hunter and was finding coins like they were going out of style. We found several Tokens and other assorted targets along with quite a bit of Clad. Funny but only about half was fresh drops.

When we left this Kid was chattering all the way home. I think he will be a Life long Metal Detector User.

He had a cheap Pin Pointer but the batteries ran down quick. I let him use the Sunray off my V3i and he was impressed but kinda wondered why the V3i had so much trouble finding the targets.

I really enjoyed that trip and officially found nothing.:rofl:

I know from experience those bountyhunter machines sure are great coin machines. Glad u guys had a good time cheers HH

daddyflea, you're a good egg and mentor. Even though you were "out hunted" by a 10yr old with an inexpensive machine I'm sure it was a very satisfying hunt. Maybe you should send your V3i in for a checkup so you can maybe find something too next time.......:rofl: Sounds like you will have new detecting buddy for a long time to come.

BTW, I know a lot of people dis on those inexpensive machines but mine are very good and go deep. I just don't use them since getting the DFX and V3i....especially the V3i which I seem to use exclusively these days.

Good luck and keep up the good works.

wasp said:
daddyflea, you're a good egg and mentor. Even though you were "out hunted" by a 10yr old with an inexpensive machine I'm sure it was a very satisfying hunt. Maybe you should send your V3i in for a checkup so you can maybe find something too next time.......:rofl: Sounds like you will have new detecting buddy for a long time to come.

BTW, I know a lot of people dis on those inexpensive machines but mine are very good and go deep. I just don't use them since getting the DFX and V3i....especially the V3i which I seem to use exclusively these days.

Good luck and keep up the good works.

Thanks his little Machine actually worked pretty good but he could not Discriminate Tabs from Coins. I also have the 10X12 SEF Coil on my V3i so as far as ground coverage I was getting a lot compared to his little Concentric. He did find a few quarters all by himself. I think he will soon be in the Market for a Pick like mine as well as a better Pin Pointer. Using a conventional digger in gravel is tough. I know his Dad and Grampa pretty well so there might be a Whites MXT or even a VX3 in his future.

daddyflea said:
Went out yesterday and decided to pick up a 10 year old boy that got a Metal detector for Christmas. He had kind of lost interest in it. He got a Bounty Hunter of some sort and the first thing I did was test it. I found that it picked up all the Coins. Since I had been asked to look for a lost Cross at a Fair, we went to the Fair Grounds. I knew there would be some good fresh drops. The Cross was found before I got there, so we hunted for some fresh drops.

My V3i got quite a few hits but I was never real sure where they were. The Boy came over with his Bounty Hunter and was finding coins like they were going out of style. We found several Tokens and other assorted targets along with quite a bit of Clad. Funny but only about half was fresh drops.

When we left this Kid was chattering all the way home. I think he will be a Life long Metal Detector User.

He had a cheap Pin Pointer but the batteries ran down quick. I let him use the Sunray off my V3i and he was impressed but kinda wondered why the V3i had so much trouble finding the targets.

I really enjoyed that trip and officially found nothing.:rofl:

I would have swung next to the boy and verified his hits with your V3i you probably would have found the same coins had you gone over them first. then again the larger coil on your V3i might be pron to missing smaller targets.

I was being Sarcastic. The V3i with the big coil found almost every thing. I just gave him the hint to look around here.