Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i, polar plot, and Detech 13 inch coil question

How that this question hasn't been asked before, so here here goes...i have a Quick scientific question for you all who use this combo. I'm hoping to get my machine set up this weekend. But for those of you that have this coil, do you use Polar Plot? If so, what is the accuracy in depth to help you distinguish targets like bottkecaps, screw caps, pull tabs , etc?

Does this help you when CW relic hunting and even coin shooting for silver and gold when chin hurting in known old parks?

I'm hoping to get some feedback to help me learn this machine.

It appears from that earlier post that some people have accuracy to 6 inches or so. And some have more ��

And without learning the machine yet, it appears that the 2.5 would be dominant on a coin vs screw cap, bottle cap, and dare i say pull tabs? Or am I amiss here?

And diving below the 0 line on the right does not appear to be a good signal? I also know that MANY variables will come into play with each hunt or even area of land.

I Guess my question comes into play vs the above mentioned non ferrous items? Does polar plot help then? Or as fox said, "just another tool in the toolbox" ? If that's the case, then darn. (I did like someone else's post where they said that the confidence % VDI helped them to decide if the signal given was dig worthy)

I was hoping that between the percentage vdi numbers, the polar plot, and the pinpointing to see the strength and depth of the 3 frequencies would help me to differentiate between the good and bad targets to be dug or not dug?

I'm hoping that the 3 items mentioned and others fine experienced inputs from others help me.

Thank you all,
Bubba

P.s. I'm not TOO concerned about turning up the bcr just yet, for fear of missing a good relic or coin in the ground...
P.s.s Have you been able to set your machine, with the above set of tools/features to see differences in the screen VISIBLY and HEAR THE SOUNDS AUDIBLY between buttons caps, screw caps, bent pull tabs, and beaver tails correctly with this information given to you when hunting?