Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

v3i polar plot

Enter the expert menu by double clicking the menu button, then navigate to Filter & Speed. Once there there are settings for search and analyze. From here you can change either screen to any mode you desire. Learning to navigate around the expert menu takes a little time but is well rewarded.

HH
Robert

Thanks Robert for your help but I still can't find anything that says polar plot,I'm wondering if I'm really dumb or if there's something missing on my MD any help would be appreciated!

Sorry, I'm visiting and don't have my V3I with me. Go to expert menu and down to configure. Then scroll down it's in this section. There is set up for search and analysis.

[attachment 281138 ScreenHunter_119Dec.2520.41.jpg]
Look at page starting at page 54 in manual. You will also have to decide if you want match on or off.

Thanks Rob for info,but my screen comes up with metric units,backlight,color theme,sound effects under the analysis configure.
I was sold this MD as vision V3 with the latest update 1.3 is this not the same as V3i?

You don't hav a V3i. You have the last upgrade of the V3.

What is V3i?

V3i is a follow-on model to V3, much in the same way we went from 6000 to 6000 Series 2, or Eagle to Eagle 2. V3 has been discontinued. The primary changes in V3i are:

- Support for Foreign languages (i -> international)
- On-board Quick Reference system
- Stereo mix-mode audio
- Polar analysis plot
- Prospecting analysis scan
- Single frequency salt tracking
- Several other minor improvements

Yes, upgrades are free for any V3 originally purchased on/after Nov. 1, 2009. Upgrades are $100 for units purchased prior to Nov. 1. All upgrades also incur a $25 return shipping fee.

Rob-- would you say it would be worth 125.00 to upgrade my unit,what would you do? Thanks so much for your help with my misunderstanding!

If you have the V3 -version 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3 , there is no polar plot screen available - that is one of the features included in the V3i upgrade.

The v3i runs more stable in my opinion. The tracking was changed and improved.

I don't use any of the analysis modes but that is just me. You gain the polar plot and stereo mixed mode which I do like.

The on board reference is excellent and the upgrade improves resale. Most people upgraded. My first unit was a V3 1.3 version. Besides when you get the unit back you know it will be 100% and running like new.

One things for sure, white's will work with you to make the v3i upgrade cost worth while even if pre 11/09. :) Unbelievable products, support, and service.

Polar plot is nice, I like the sizing gives a little more information. Foil stands the blue line on end in polar plot very interesting.i will run the mixed mode with sizing instead of polar plot.