Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Problems

edwardsdalejr

I would like to know how people constantly find coins when I have had nothing but problems with my 3 White's metal detectors (M6, DFX, V3i). Trying to use the suggested programs but still getting too much interference clicks with no solid signals, even tried blocking out the junk VDI's and just cherry picking from +60 to +94. Are they not ground balancing right, is the ground bad, is there electrical interference, or is it my cell phone in my pocket? Looking for suggestions before I get rid of them and go with a different brand. Have sent the V3i back to White's and they said no problem with it. Just tired of paying big bucks for machines and getting the same crap results! No smart comments about it's the user, looking for real solutions to test or narrow down the problem. How do you make sure your machine is correctly ground balanced? Do cell phones interfere with your machine? I am using the stock coil 10" DD. Looking at trying to get the ground balance right and then set the prgorams to just cherry pick, not looking for gold at this point, just trying to get the machine quieted down so it is usable.

Read the links at the top of the forum for information.

Here is a link to G/B procedure.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1864457
[attachment 268198 ScreenHunter_46Jun.1217.42.jpg]

edwardsdalejr said:
I would like to know how people constantly find coins when I have had nothing but problems with my 3 White's metal detectors (M6, DFX, V3i). Trying to use the suggested programs but still getting too much interference clicks with no solid signals, even tried blocking out the junk VDI's and just cherry picking from +60 to +94. Are they not ground balancing right, is the ground bad, is there electrical interference, or is it my cell phone in my pocket? Looking for suggestions before I get rid of them and go with a different brand. Have sent the V3i back to White's and they said no problem with it. Just tired of paying big bucks for machines and getting the same crap results! No smart comments about it's the user, looking for real solutions to test or narrow down the problem. How do you make sure your machine is correctly ground balanced? Do cell phones interfere with your machine? I am using the stock coil 10" DD. Looking at trying to get the ground balance right and then set the prgorams to just cherry pick, not looking for gold at this point, just trying to get the machine quieted down so it is usable.

Unfortunately crap results with 3 different detectors usually means that it is user error.

You must determine if you are cut out for metal detecting and must be willing to put the time in.

Are you willing to let someone local help you? If you give your location here their may be someone that live close to you.

Do you have a local dealer?

Sounds like you need to read all the sticky threads and learn to deal with EMI.

Turn the gain down to 4 and the disc to 75 for the first couple of days...... It will prevent your head from exploding from all the signals...:stars:

[size=large]you have chosen two of the most difficult machines to master. the DFX and the V3i will take time. the M-6 is very simple. thus the question of whether it's you or not.
with the DFX reset to stock programs then start out in relic program.don't get fancy right away. adjust the volumes where you need them.
the moderators for the forums can't help if they don't know your ground. the best machine for that is the V3i. there is a video on the whites website and on you tube that shows you button by button on how to find your mineralization level and how strong those levels are where you are. you must follow those instructions perfectly. if he says push this button then push it. in the sequence you are instructed. to ground bal. for instance with the V3i you must pull the trigger first the push and hold the enter button then pump then release the enter button first then the trigger. It's a computer type system. don't fight it. stay calm and you will get your answers. i just went thru this myself but i knew it was me not the machine. whites makes a very solid machine.read the manual. i mean the whole manual. the into from Mr. White and the rest. don't have to read it all in one sitting but you'll gain alot of info taking the time to read it.
to get to the video type in V3i metal detector then enter. one of the first videos will be by earthmansurfer69. how to set up your V3i. that's the one that really helps. pay close attention on sequences. your dvd for the V3i shows you how to ground bal. pull the trigger then push and hold the enter button and pump. release the enter button then the trigger. you should be gb'd. you also should check before that for clean ground. it will be the simple things that trip us up. you hang in there. you'll get it.

HH[/size]

Location,Location has alot to do with what some find,others dumb luck for they are not into just certain tones to dig or they are new to detecting, yet others learn there adjustments and do well it takes some work to learn.To find what others havent takes work, a location that has not been hunted is easy pickin in the beginning then it gets tougher depending on your knowledge of yr machine and settings. then you have the guy that gets a new machine has no clue what they be doing just has to try and wallah they find nice stuff because they dig everything.I am guilty of at times basically of trying to cherry pick deep stuff ,I get a lot of small pieces of old iron ,but thats because it is deep and I am looking for that 1 piece of silver.Would rather have one oldie as a hand full of clad anyday. This be how I see it. H.H. Yazoo

My suggestion is to leave the V3i and DFX alone until you get good results with the M6, the simplest of the three. If you can't get good results with the M6, your problem is narrowed down to location since the M6 only has two knobs and you seem to be smart enough to reduce Sensitivity to handle EMI. It you share your location with us, maybe someone could lend a hand or could find someone nearby.

As far as the V3i goes, initially it could be treated like the M6, use a stock program, and you have two basic adjustments to get started with. That is RX Gain and Discrimination Sensitivity, reduce both until stable.

If your detector goes bonkers with the coil in the air, you have EMI issues and if it is noisy only with the coil on the ground, you have a ground balance problem.

If your detector goes bonkers with the coil in the air, you have EMI issues and if it is noisy only with the coil on the ground, you have a ground balance problem. (Larry's said)

It is good mentioning so informative things for the whites sake and metal detecting. Thanks Larry.

Hi Ed, What coil are you using on the M6 ? If you got the detectors used, take the coil cover off and clean them out. If the coils are not V rated they will not work good on the V3i. If you have a small coil, clean it and try that one. They do better in EMI than big ones. Good luck with them i have never had any trouble with mine here in Kentucky. Flintstone

We have quite a few PA. guys on the forum. They do very well.

I am done with V3i's, I own 2 of them and both are piles of crap. Seriously Ive owned whites my whole life but I have issue after issue with the v3i and Im done. My buddy has an at pro. we compared them and my v3i wouldn't pick up a gold ring. My detector is so random, I find crap, I discriminate and it still comes up. It gives me a solid signal and a strait bar to the right. Im thinking I have a coin. then the ***king target moves, and keeps moving then pretty soon I have a tiny piece of tin or another nail.m As I am digging up crap and wasting time chasing ghosts my buddy is finding things left and right. I used his machine and was amazed at how simple it was. Ive done every adjustment reset the machine, sent it in, you name it Ive done it with the 60 millions combinations and for what? Im never buying another whites, garbage. I always take coins with me and adjust in the field, when I can't get a signal worth beans...or I get multiple signals and nothing is there...its a joke. Ive never wasted so much time and money on such an unreliable piece of crap. For what I pay for a whites, that machine should do circles around the at pro. The only thing it circles is the drain.