Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Threshold Question

OregonVic

In your opinion is it better to run with the threshold off in single frequency? I have noticed that some guys when in
iron infested ground will recommend turning the threshold off. Will turning the threshold off make the machine not respond
as well in detecting a target? What is the best way to run it? I hope this is not to much af a loaded question. :detecting:

Hi there Vic....

Personally, I do not run an audible threshold.

Reason.....less 'constant' audio, relaxes your brain, and best serves my enjoyment of taking in, (hopefully), the pleasure of the surrounding countrysides.

Threshold adds a degree of sensitivity to weak signals?

No so, in my opinion....why?

For a 'weak signal' to audibly 'override' a threshold level, then it must be doubled in intensity..(..or mute the constant threshold.):

Adjustable Modulation factor can better resolve matters, if necessary.

That said,....' Different ideas' suit different temperaments.

To me, the best functionality of threshold....is to make you aware that the system is generally working!

Matt

I keep threshold turned down to the minimum... just barely audible, still here whats around me and catch those faint signals.

+1 quiet but audible. Like to hear the threshold drop out so I know how much discriminated targets are in the ground

Thanks for your response. I recently went to a high school and found a pipe in the ground.. Using single frequency and using the 13" Ultimate I went along the pipe
With no threshold. I did not find any target. I then turned on the threshold and heard a dip in the threshold and dug the traget. Turns out it was a clad dime at 8".
It seems that turning on the threshold was better. I normally run with the threshold on in stereo Mixed mode and have found targets that other MDers have missed.
I found my first silver dime this way. In my ground silver is very hard to come across. Even wheats are hard to find any more.
So it seems what ever works best for you is the answer. :thumbup: