Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i Tone Settings

pitcher

Looking at buying a new V3i but have a question on the tones/vdis, with the V3i can you turn tones on for VDI#ers you want and turn tones off for VDI#ers you dont? say I want to Disc nothing out but I want a low tone for VDI# 16, mid tone for VDI# 65 and high tone for VDI#ers 76 thr 93, But no tone for any other VDI#ers, can you set the V3i up this way?

Thanks

Hi Pitcher,

Not a problem with the v3i you can accept what ever you want and set a low tone to a range of vdis a higer tone and increase the tones to the higher vdi. You can set the tone to 0 for the ones you dont want.

Expert Menu Audio, tone, tone id mode, edit. Then put in the vdis you want to accept. with numbers running from 1 to 255.

Regards Below2doe

Take a look at this thread.... Tons of useful V3i stuff from our resident guru, Rob.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1951992

And this link in particular.......... http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1782962

Yes, easy to do. While it takes some time to learn, you can set the tones virtually any way you want them.

You can't not love the adjustable tones because you can have any configuration you want. :thumbup:

The more i read about the V3i the more i want to pull the trigger and buy one, I am waiting until march due to holidays and vacation coming up.

Get one as soon as you can. Readings can only help so much. Get it before it gets warmer and work with the menus and programs.

I agree with what has already been said tones are totally adjustable. I love being able to create my coin programs and assigning a single high tone to all coin VDIs and to assign them as "tight" as I want around the target VDI, really helps me pick coins from trash.

I plan on getting one soon but going on two vacations between now and march so will only be home a total of 10 days till march 1st from 12/26

I would take one with me but my wife says goodness were on vacation do you have to use that thing everyday we are gone...So I leave it home

norm it sounds like u need to put a detector in that women's hands. Mine had zero interest in it at first but i kept asking her to come with me and one day while i was detecting i got her to try. she found a ring within 10 min and was instantly hooked now we go together and have a blast together especially on holidays
NormS said:
I would take one with me but my wife says goodness were on vacation do you have to use that thing everyday we are gone...So I leave it home

Yup.... My partner is also my hunting partner.... It doesn't get much better than that.:twodetecting: