Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i VS. VX3

Flintstone

I see a lot of people use the V3i, how much derfferance is there in the V3i and the VX3? someone said VX3 is easer to understand than the V3i, is this so ? I was thinking about getting a VX3 if I can find one at a good price. I have the MXT and it is a top detector, but was thing with 3 frequencies it might do better. What do you all think? Thanks flintstone

Flintstone said:
I see a lot of people use the V3i, how much derfferance is there in the V3i and the VX3? someone said VX3 is easer to understand than the V3i, is this so ? I was thinking about getting a VX3 if I can find one at a good price. I have the MXT and it is a top detector, but was thing with 3 frequencies it might do better. What do you all think? Thanks flintstone

V3i is way superior has a lot more control over the programs,more slots for programs, and just outright features that the vx3 doesn't have. I would get the V3i sure it might take more learning but when you do it will be a beast like no other. And that's the thing it's technologically the most advanced detector pretty much in the world :)

I agree with Zinc but the choice pretty much depends on you and your tolerance for working your way through complexity. The biggest advantage to either one of them is three simultaneous frequencies IMHO. That feature can tell you a lot about targets. The V3i can be adjusted for almost any detecting situation, the V3 less so. If you hunt many different sites with a lot of difference in mineralization, trash, EMI, depth of targets, etc., then the V3i will adapt better. Keep in mind that you can run a V3i just like a V3 and as time goes by you can gradually work into the complex part. Then again there's that difference in price thing............$

Good Luck whatever your choice.

You can get a used v3i for $$750-900 and used vx3 for $550-650. I would for sure look used if you want to save some money but the V3 series is great and I love my v3i and would never get rid of it, it's one machine I can use with the tall man's rod I can't use most other machines being 6'3. And whites has great customer service even if machine is no longer made or under warranty they will make it right if something breaks. And you get great American build quality.

One big thing youll miss by getting the VX3 is the wireless headphones. I'd get the V3i, and resist from changing lots of settings at one time. I'd miss the third ground filter which the VX3 doesn't have also.

An MXT Pro is much easier. You'll hunt more and spend less time tweaking with the MXT

Thanks all, can the V3i be used in preset till I can learn it better? I am not very good at understanding electronic .

The VX3 certainly has the capability to use wireless headphones if you decide to purchase them. You can also use the same coils as the V3i. The VX3 is the same physical machine as the V3i, but the V3i has additional software to give you more variations of control and viewing screens.

Yes it can. You can use it as a turn on and go machine in any of ten programs.....your choice.

Yep do a few tweaks for your ground conditions and you will get massively better depth with factory programs except if you have mild soil I do and get 9 inches average depth with stock program. Tweaked like 13 which is great, my arms get tired digging lol.

Don't forget all the data on the links post at the top guys, ie: differences V3i and VX3 http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,2123910

The V3 is also available for sale sometimes. White's will still upgrade to a V3i for free just $25 shipping. This is the way I and another buddy went. Now we both have a fully functional V3i for a fraction of the cost. If you buy a VX3 you could be happy but in time wish you got the V3i read through the forum on all that went this route. If you buy the V3i it will do everything the VX3 does and more.
Happy Hunting

I had both, first a V3i, then a VX3, then back to a V3i. They are both excellent detectors and identical except for the software. The VX3 is just as powerful as the V3i, but with fewer adjustments. The problem with the VX3, for me anyway, is that it lacks a few adjustments I can't live without, specifically: 1) the extra filters, 2) stereo mixed mode, and 3) assignable VDI tones. You'd have to look carefully at the features you lose with the VX3 and decide for yourself if they are things you'd want. For me, it was worth the extra cost to get the features I wanted.

I don't feel the lack of adjustments makes the vx3 any easier to use . Imo it just limits the potential of the machine. The v3i can be just as simple as a vx3

After carefully review of both machines, I say use the det that fits your needs. You can drive a formala onemail race car to the beachor you can drive a chevy to the beach. It's what's practical.....