Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i with Ultimate 13 coil

Just wondering what kind of tweaks can I make in the factory programs to gain added depth. Have not used the V3i in a while because of my MXT Pro, and I really want to start using it again, just cant remember what I did when I was using it. By the way, I will be using it in fields relic hunting. Thanks and HH

Bill

This is the relic hunting program I use in Fauquier County, Virginia with my V3i with 13" coil.

Copy the default Relic program and save under a different name and then make the following changes:

Rx Gain can be left at 8 or as ground conditions permit. I usually have mine set at 4 or 5 most of the time but, occasionally can go higher if EMI permits.
Discrimination N/A (Discrimination sensitivity will not effect the All Metal mode, unless you use the mixed mode option, then it will).
All Metal 70 to 88 as ground conditions permit.

Ground Filter 10Hz High (adjust to your ground conditions).
AutoTrack OFF.
LockTrack ON.
Offset +1.
Three Frequencies OFF.
7.5 kHz ON.
S.A.T. 20.
All Metal ON.
VCO OFF.
Mixed Mode OFF.
Modulation OFF.
Pinpoint Audio VCO OFF.

Comparing the 13" coil vs a standard V3i coil......is it that much greater for depth? I can only find a 12.5" coil for the V3i. How much heavier does the 13" coil bring with it?

Mr.Ed said:
Comparing the 13" coil vs a standard V3i coil......is it that much greater for depth? I can only find a 12.5" coil for the V3i. How much heavier does the 13" coil bring with it?

According to the one web site comparing the two. The Stock 10"D2 weighs 500g (1.1 Lb) and the, Detech U13 weighs (480g. 1.06 Lb). Although to me, the U13 feels heavier because of the weight is more forward throwing off the balance. As for depth in my soil I don't gain much depth advantage with the U13. Maybe an inch at most in the field although I've not made direct comparison. Only 1/2 inch more air test in my back yard that has a lot of EMI once the settings are set to minimize falsing. The U13 seems to be a little more sensitive to EMI interference than the D2 in areas I hunt also. The U13 does cover approximately 30% more ground per swing and that in it's self is a big advantage in a low trashy area and it does pin point well. Maybe I got a bad U13" I don't know. It doesn't overload at max RX=15 any how. Many people love the U13 on the V. Myself I only use it when I want to cover more ground quicker in low trash low EMI areas. There have been a lot of reports of u13" not living up to expectations on the White's forum so your mileage may vary too